Brand Loyalty, do you have it?

tryphaa

Now, when I say brand loyalty, I dont mean NVidia vs. AMD, or Intel vs AMD, I mean like Asus vs Gigabyte.

All the time I see people that have bought only one brand without ever having to RMA anything, then they get a bad part once, and they never buy them again.

What would it take for you to lose loyalty to your favorite brand, if you have one? If you dont prefer one brand, why not?

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

I usually get the one that has the most compelling features. 

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

nope i take things from lots of different brands and mix and match

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

I believe there was a thread by this exact name, but with a different purpose posted once already, but since this is different, I guess it doesn't matter. 

Eh, I kinda do. It would them seriously screwing up to make me decide to avoid their products. Like, if my part arrived DOA, then the email correspondence for RMA was spotty (broken english, long wait times, etc), then once the thing was mailed, it was mailed to the wrong address and I have to have it corrected.

Basically if they put a lot of hassle on me to fix something that shouldn't have broken, I'm going to be irritated enough to not buy their stuff anymore. 

Since there's no real tangible difference between most brands in the PC component industry (there are exceptions but they are few and this is ignoring price), I usually decide on price and appearance. That's why I like the brands I like. They tend to be the cheapest, covering all my important features, and still looking sexy to boot. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Asus and MSI

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

I have had a HTC phone for the last 4 years over ll the others. I guess I like HTC's designs.

But I'm not loyal to computer component manufacturer.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Asus Corsair Intel and Nvidia. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I don't really have brand loyalty. But, if I did the only thing that would change my mind would be a product being cheaper than the other one, also performance increases don't hurt.

yep, i do if they are a good brand and don't fail me. Sapphire and corsair, and maybe fractal, but I haven't bought 2 fractal products yet..

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I think if it is a good product it is a good product. I don't care who makes it.

(SpecsCPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850 MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte H81M-S2PV RAM: 4GB Storage: 2TB WD HDD

(Peripherals) Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: Zowie EC2-A Headset: Audio-Technica ATH-M50X's Microphone: Blue Snowball

I prefer all good brands :D

I don't care if I buy a MSI, Asus or Gigabyte mainboard/GPU or whatever. You have to look everytime. I mean Corsair makes good stuff,. but my K90 died 3 times. I don't think i will buy a keyboard from them again, but there is nothing wrong with corsair ram or cases

None, just retarded.

I will buy based on present.

if theres a 90% chance of DOA, I will not buy even though I didnt have problem 10 times in a row.

and if I had a problem and it was 1 in a million unit fail %. then i will sitll buy.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I try to get as much corsair stuff as possible (PSU, Ram, Water cooling. My only exception was the R4 :wub: ) and the DCUII cards are usually the cheapest but I wouldnt mind going with ACX, Windforce, or MSI gaming edition cards

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Nah, not necessarily. I just get whoever has the best product I can get for the price. 

COMIC SANS

Old Machine:

MSI Motherboard

G.Skill Memory

Intel Processor

Visiontek Video

WD HDD

New Machine

Asrock Motherboard

G.Skill Memory

Intel Processor

Sapphire Video

Samsung SSD

The only brand that I guess I have any loyalty to is G.Skill Memory... I have purchased hundreds of sticks of DDR2 / DDR3 over the years. The only company that I have had no compatibility issues with is the G.Skill. It may not be the fastest / cheapest / best ??? But I have never had an issue with it. So I will probably keep using it unless they start making crap.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

MSI, pretty good bang for the buck, whether it's the GPU, or the mobo.

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

I mainly look for good reliable brands. I guess I am loyal to Corsair since I bough an AX760 and H100i without properly considering the alternatives.

Well, I prefer Nvidia/Intel over AMD/ATI. I have an AMD CPU because they are good budget CPUs. Then I have a 650ti.

I really like EVGA though.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Non-computer stuff I go LG. TV is LG, Blu-ray player is LG and phone is LG. My soundbar will be LG. They all work perfectly together.

On the PC side of things, for graphics cards it is AMD and Sapphire. I've had nothing but great products from them.

I'm not loyal to any specific brand however I do have a brand nemesis ... HP.

Let me be the first one here to say that Apple branded anything will always beat any other manufacterer.

Elitebook 8460P: i5-2520M @ 2.5GHz, 8GB RAM, Integrated Intel HD 3000

I'm not loyal to any specific brand however I do have a brand nemesis ... HP.

HP = Huge Pile or Help Please.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

MSI always make products that I really like. I've had problems with other brands but so far, everything is working fine with my msi gpu and mobo.