Linus, stop talking about Gabe N like if he was a god

TheRisingMyth

Seriously man @LinusTech you should tone things down, it's not funny anymore, and as a believer, it barely goes down my throat if you know what i mean.

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

Sarcasm?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Personally I cant see what the problem is.

Unless of course you are being sarcastic.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

This MUST be a joke...

My Stuff! :D

My Stuff
  • Main Build - Soon to change due to it being dead
  • 4790k @ 4.7Ghz
  • Corsair 750D
  • Swiftech H320
  • MSI Z97s SLI
  • 7950 Vapor-X
  • 16GB Corsair Vengance  Blue LP 1600Mhz 
  • 120GB Samsung 840
  • 2TB Seagate Barracuda
  • Corsair HX750
  •  
  • ​Peripherals
  • Logitech G700s
  • Bitfenix, Corsair, and Darkside cable extensions
  • Das Professional with Cherry MX Brown's & Custom Keycaps
  • 3x ASUS VS238H-P w/ Triple monitor mount in PLP
  • AudioTechnica ATH-M50's 
  • Blue Yeti Microphone
  • TurtleBeach PX3 Wireless
  • Logitech C920 Webcam 
  • Precision Audio Bookshelf Speakers 
  • AudioSource AMP-100
  • Logitech G27 Racing setup
  •  
  • Laptop - Acer 7750G-9855
  • i7 2630QM
  • AMD 6650M GPU
  • 120GB Samsung 840 EVO
  • 8GB RAM
  • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 
  • Blu-ray Drive
  •  
  • Netbook - HP Pavillion DM1
  • AMD E-450 APU
  • 4GB RAM
  • 500gb HDD
  • Cell Phone - OnePlus One 
  • 5.5-inch 1080p Screen
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor @2.5Ghz
  • 13 Megapixel rear camera
  • 5 megapixel wide angle front facing camera
  • 3100 mAh non-removal battery
  • AC wifi
  • Cell Phone #2 - Nexus 5
  • 5 Inch 1080p Screen
  • Snapdragon 800
  • 8 megapixel rear camera
  • 1.3 megapixel front camera
  • 2300 mAh non-removable battery
  • AC wifi
  • Upgrades for 2014
  • GTX 970
  • i7 4690k
  • 16gb RAM 
  • 1x 1440 or 1600p Monitor 
  • Das Mechanical Keyboard

not sure if srs 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

shuddup

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

It's only for the sake of being respectful, god is a term rarely used properly, even when it's a sarcasm, it's inevitably jarring when you hear Linus never mentionning Gabe N in other than the divine status, it's a bit off for me.

It's only for the sake of being respectful, god is a term rarely used properly, even when it's a sarcasm, it's inevitably jarring when you hear Linus never mentionning Gabe N in other than the divine status, it's a bit off for me.

So what's wrong with us referrring to Gabe Newell being a god? We can all have our own gods right? Or is this not a free country? If you really take offense to that and are not trolling I have no idea how you survive on the internet on a day to day basis, there is far worse out there.

So what's wrong with us referrring to Gabe Newell being a god? We can all have our own gods right? Or is this not a free country? If you really take offense to that and are not trolling I have no idea how you survive on the internet on a day to day basis, there is far worse out there.

Yeah, except god isn't just a word you can toss around and use it as if any christian, jewish, muslim or any other believer isn't watching, because believe me, regardless of what religion i or anyone in this freak'in whole world in, some people feel upset about it, and as much as the guy next door, i'm not expecting any of this to change, i'm hoping only to get the message outthere, knowing that "No, we're not all digesting it as you would've liked us to".

Yeah, except god isn't just a word you can toss around and use it as if any christian, jewish, muslim or any other believer isn't watching, because believe me, regardless of what religion i or anyone in this freak'in whole world in, some people feel upset about it, and as much as the guy next door, i'm not expecting any of this to change, i'm hoping only to get the message outthere, knowing that "No, we're not all digesting it as you would've liked us to".

I bet you don't think children should be playing dodgeball or have plastic butter knives in school either, do you? 

people like you suck the fun out of everything quicker than American taxes and professional baseball. 

Error: 410

I bet you don't think children should be playing dodgeball or have plastic butter knives in school either, do you? 

I wouldn't expect you to appreciate some treating your mom as bitch, would you ?

It's the same for abrahamic religions in particular (the three i've stated previously) when you attach something divine to a human, it's an insult just as the former statement is, that's what people need to understand when they know believers are putting up really hard with some of the critics they get over their belief.

Mainly about ethics, values, respect and all, but no one seems to give any cares about it what so ever nowadays.

I wouldn't expect you to appreciate some treating your mom as bitch, would you ?

It's the same for abrahamic religions in particular (the three i've stated previously) when you attach something divine to a human, it's an insult just as the former statement is, that's what people need to understand when they know believers are putting up really hard with some of the critics they get over their belief.

Mainly about ethics, values, respect and all, but no one seems to give any cares about it what so ever nowadays.

Maybe the internet just isn't the place for you? If you don't like what Linus does or what he says, then don't watch it.

Sorry, but I just can't take you seriously.

TWqd7Gp.png?1

Make someone else can

What the hell? Man calm down...

The GabeN religion is a thing. You cant change it. If you are offended by it, then frankly, the Internet is a place too scary for you... Get over it.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Sorry, but I just can't take you seriously.

Make someone else can

I think it's just so damn easy to make fun of religions anyway, what i was hoping to establish through this topic is some engagement from the forum members, and maybe a reply from Linus, saying why they would, or wouldn't do that, because as i recall correctly, i just suggested he tone things down, not completely stop it, i'm not seeking to fully restrict his freedom of speech as you could've guessed.

I'm being facetious .

I wouldn't sweat it, I'm honestly surprised you bothered to reply.

No offense to OP. 

I'm being facetious .

Yeah, i guess i was expecting that, but i wonder how many people to this day still find it's funny enough, i certainly didn't for the aforementioned reasons... and dunno, i can't really know for sure if there's a way to "better present it" and still make it funny, or... i'm suggesting and including myself as a specimen and stating that not everyone is really down with the idea, that's all.

I'm being facetious .

I think it's just so damn easy to make fun of religions anyway, what i was hoping to establish through this topic is some engagement from the forum members, and maybe a reply from Linus, saying why they would, or wouldn't do that, because as i recall correctly, i just suggested he tone things down, not completely stop it, i'm not seeking to fully restrict his freedom of speech as you could've guessed.

Well what can i say. Religion discussion on the Internet is not a good idea, since there is always that one guy who is so conservative.

GabeN religion discussion is even worse, since there will be a conservative guy bashing it, and a guy who likes to have a bit of fun on the internet defending/rationalising it to all of our amusement.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Just. Get. Over. It. And. Ignore. It. Ffs...

Yeah, i guess i was expecting that, but i wonder how many people to this day still find it's funny enough, i certainly didn't for the aforementioned reasons... and dunno, i can't really know for sure if there's a way to "better present it" and still make it funny, or... i'm suggesting and including myself as a specimen and stating that not everyone is really down with the idea, that's all.

To be honest I don't even know where to begin to refute something so mundane.

Are you sure you realize the scope of your complaint? (or suggestion or whatever you want to call it)

Well what can i say. Religion discussion on the Internet is not a good idea, since there is always that one guy who is so conservative.

GabeN religion discussion is even worse, since there will be a conservative guy bashing it, and a guy who likes to have a bit of fun on the internet defending/rationalising it to all of our amusement.

fite mi liberul fegut.

fite mi liberul fegut.

Fite mi irl i hav liek monsta strent!