My PC has recently been giving me frame drops from 165 to 5 in a few games and I dont know why

Hey guys, I built a PC around 10 months ago of the following specs and the power supply started failing about 4 months into building it. I only recently bought a new power supply and it ran fine. I then downloaded minecraft rtx and a new windows update and ever since a week, whenever I play a game like fortnite or csgo my game will drop to 5 fps from 240 every minute or two. Is the issue the power supply, the windows update or a new feature in the windows update that is limiting the PC. My computer is really strong and should be handling these games easily but even the fans are randomly spinning faster and making more noise. Appreciate the help from anyone who has something to say, Thank You.

Specs:

Rtx 2060 super

Ryzen 5 3600

Aorus b450 pro wifi

Crucial p1 500 gb

Seagate barracuda 2 tb

G skill trident 16 gb 3600 mhz

Deepcool Da700 power supply

and a gammax 400 cooler

Deepcool PSU

Don't cheap out on a PSU

Alienware Area 51m 2019:  RTX 2060 | i7-9700 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance (2x16GB) 2666 | 1TB 970 EVO | 240GB Corsair Force MP510.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=812790

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NZKshatriya/saved/

BACKUP SYSTEM:  ASUS Prime X470 PRO | Ryzen 5 1600 | G.skill FORTIS 16GB(2x8GB) 2400 | SanDisk SDSSDA 120GB | EVGA SuperNOVA GA 850 | HAF-XB-EVO

4 minutes ago, NZKshatriya said:

Deepcool PSU

Don't cheap out on a PSU

For a few days after buying the power supply it was fine, is there any way to fix the lag spikes?

Hey, i had this kind of issue since yesterday and i sorta fixed it (played valorant this morning without a single issue, solid 60fps). 

I got a similar build to yours, but older, so i thinks this may help you.

(got from reddit)

Note that i'd advice to skip the "Update all my drivers" because you are 99,99999% going to get some crappy/scammy software.

So i kinda resolved by disabling HPET (High Precision Event Timer) from BIOS and CMD admin with the command: bcdedit /set useplatformclock false

It gives you even a small boost in performence. (source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YssdyMOCLQ)

Last step, disable Superfetch in service manager by disabling "SysMain" service. (see screenshot)

My build:

Ryzen 5 1400, Gtx 970, Gigabyte AB-350-Gaming, 2x4GB 2666mhz Ballistix with CX550 PSU. 

sysmain.png

3 minutes ago, Lejonario00 said:

Hey, i had this kind of issue since yesterday and i sorta fixed it (played valorant this morning without a single issue, solid 60fps). 

I got a similar build to yours, but older, so i thinks this may help you.

(got from reddit)

Note that i'd advice to skip the "Update all my drivers" because you are 99,99999% going to get some crappy/scammy software.

So i kinda resolved by disabling HPET (High Precision Event Timer) from BIOS and CMD admin with the command: bcdedit /set useplatformclock false

It gives you even a small boost in performence. (source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YssdyMOCLQ)

Last step, disable Superfetch in service manager by disabling "SysMain" service. (see screenshot)

My build:

Ryzen 5 1400, Gtx 970, Gigabyte AB-350-Gaming, 2x4GB 2666mhz Ballistix with CX550 PSU. 

sysmain.png

Thank you so much means a lot, I'll try it all now.

1 hour ago, KnotAiden said:

Thank you so much means a lot, I'll try it all now.

How is it going?

3 hours ago, Lejonario00 said:

How is it going?

Thanks for checkin in, I did all of what you said and disabled hardware accelleration, vsync and reset my pc but still experienced spikes although the frequency was less. Im gonna try reinstalling windows and see how that works out. Thanks

1 hour ago, KnotAiden said:

Thanks for checkin in, I did all of what you said and disabled hardware accelleration, vsync and reset my pc but still experienced spikes although the frequency was less. Im gonna try reinstalling windows and see how that works out. Thanks

I got some spikes too, but i think its normal as i get one every two or three hours. Yesterday i had lag spikes of many SECONDS. Update this if you find something useful, i can only say good luck to you.  

15 hours ago, Lejonario00 said:

I got some spikes too, but i think its normal as i get one every two or three hours. Yesterday i had lag spikes of many SECONDS. Update this if you find something useful, i can only say good luck to you.  

I reinstalled windows, disabled vsync and I now have my normal frame rate back. No spikes and high frames. In order to get minecraft RTX I had to download a windows update from online and I hope no one else is doing that or there gonna have to go through what I did. Thanks for your help guys.