BOINC - getting project to run multiple GPU tasks

Go to solution Solved by marknd59,
8 hours ago, Rybo said:

I'm seeing people talking about getting a GPU project (in this case NumberFields@Home) to run multiple GPU tasks simultaneously.  I can only get mine to run 1 at a time, but my GPU is not anywhere near maxed out.  How do I configure it to pull in more work?  

Copy the code below into Notepad and save as app_config.xml  in the numberfields project folder.

<app_config>
    <app>
        <name> GetDecics </name>
        <gpu_versions>
            <gpu_usage> 0.5 </gpu_usage>
            <cpu_usage> 1 </cpu_usage>
        </gpu_versions>
    </app>
</app_config>

EDIT -  you might have to tell Boinc manager to read the config file after you make it.

I'm seeing people talking about getting a GPU project (in this case NumberFields@Home) to run multiple GPU tasks simultaneously.  I can only get mine to run 1 at a time, but my GPU is not anywhere near maxed out.  How do I configure it to pull in more work?  

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

8 hours ago, Rybo said:

Copy the code below into Notepad and save as app_config.xml  in the numberfields project folder.

<app_config>
    <app>
        <name> GetDecics </name>
        <gpu_versions>
            <gpu_usage> 0.5 </gpu_usage>
            <cpu_usage> 1 </cpu_usage>
        </gpu_versions>
    </app>
</app_config>

EDIT -  you might have to tell Boinc manager to read the config file after you make it.

2 hours ago, marknd59 said:

That did it.  Sadly, it appears to not be a case of an underutilized card; rather, it's utilizing the CUDA cores almost exclusively, which doesn't impact my card temps like it does with F@H.  My temps are the same with two tasks as they were with one task.  

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

3 minutes ago, Rybo said:

That did it.  Sadly, it appears to not be a case of an underutilized card; rather, it's utilizing the CUDA cores almost exclusively, which doesn't impact my card temps like it does with F@H.  My temps are the same with two tasks as they were with one task.  

yea the same here my 2060's temps. are about 10-12C lower than they are running F@H. good thing is the fans are not as loud. 🙂