EA did something nice? o.O

MariusJS

Gee, thanks EA. Too bad your game is still too broken to use those pistols anyway

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

Yes, remember that time they gave away 7 games away on Humble bundle?

Yes big corporations usually help out charities, whenever it's out of the goodness of their hearts, out of a transparent attempt to improve public image or (my favorite and often most accurate one) out of the very real and effective tax breaks they get out of it it's however up for interpretation.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yes big corporations usually help out charities, whenever it's out of the goodness of their hearts, out of a transparent attempt to improve public image or (my favorite and often most accurate one) out of the very real and effective tax breaks they get out of it it's however up for interpretation.

Doesn't matter why they did; it's that they did that matters. A lot of money was raised for charity and millions of gamers got to enjoy many great games.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

Not really... basically ruining the game further imo. What's the point of making everyone who got the game unlock the weapons through progression and then all of a sudden give people a unlock for them all. Where is the fun in that? how about give everyone all of the weapons in the game making leveling up and trying different weapons/challenging yourself useless.

Not that i like the game to much, but is the only point of playing it unlocking shit?

Doesn't matter why they did

Nope, it does matter. I'm sorry but I don't believe in that charity attitude of "it doesn't matters help is help" To me that's a moralistic hand-waving away of any criticism when the reality is that someone who criticizes how a charity is handled has no issue with the underlying cause or helping it, claiming that "it doesn't matter" when valid questions arise it's just demagogy:

-------

Current Rig

-------

Not really... basically ruining the game further imo. What's the point of making everyone who got the game unlock the weapons through progression and then all of a sudden give people a unlock for them all. Where is the fun in that? how about give everyone all of the weapons in the game making leveling up and trying different weapons/challenging yourself useless.

How dare they not waste our time by grinding for things that slightly modify the gameplay? HERESY, ONLINE SHOOTERS MUST BE FULL OF BULLSHIT. EA, CEASE THESE THOUGHTFUL ACTIONS AT ONCE OR WE'LL BUY MORE COPIES!

Nope, it does matter. I'm sorry but I don't believe in that charity attitude of "it doesn't matters help is help" To me that's a moralistic hand-waving away of any criticism when the reality is that someone who criticizes how a charity is handled has no issue with the underlying cause or helping it, claiming that "it doesn't matter" when valid questions arise it's just demagogy:

What the heck are you on about? EA did something nice. Gave away their products so money could be raised for charity. 2 people received 7 - 10 games each. So trying to over-analyzing and give credit where credit is due.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

What the heck are you on about? EA did something nice. Gave away their products so money could be raised for charity. 2 people received 7 - 10 games each. So trying to over-analyzing and give credit where credit is due.

Case an point: "stop analyzing, just give credit! NO NO DON'T LOOK AT THEIR TAX NUMBERS! DO NOT LOOK A THEIR TRACK RECORD!"

This is why I never contribute to charities: people like you.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Case an point: "stop analyzing, just give credit! NO NO DON'T LOOK AT THEIR TAX NUMBERS! DO NOT LOOK A THEIR TRACK RECORD!"

This is why I never contribute to charities: people like you.

I seriously doubt it's because of people like me that you that you don't contribute to charities. It's far more likely that you're either stingy or can't afford it. And secondly, have you seen their tax numbers? I again doubt you have. As for their track record, that didn't come into play. I'm talking highlighting one positive thing they did.

Cant be true. They'll probably sue you for stealing or something. xD

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

^_^

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

Premium get a DMR unlock pack and on the 25th non premium get a grenade pack and premium get the shotgun one.

I have premium but not all the DMRs?

Nevermind, had to click the button on the bottom

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

In my opinion it's not really a nice thing. They're just making content they made people buy to free. But since it is EA there would have to be something else behind it besides making it free.

What it did do was save me from having to run pistol only games for hours and hours to grind out the pistols and attachments. That was nice I guess, but then so would a lot less grind be!

What it did do was save me from having to run pistol only games for hours and hours to grind out the pistols and attachments. That was nice I guess, but then so would a lot less grind be!

Yeah, i agree!

Cheers for sharing!!

Np :)

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

unlocking is stupid to begin with, its just a way to make stupid people play the game not because its good but just to get that next useless level...

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

does it work?

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

omg it does work wow ea

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

how do u add it to bf4?

Spoiler

I don't play battlefield 4, but this idea is just stupid. Wants the point in unlocking weapon? They took one of the main reasons why people would want to continue playing. But I suppose EA will make some more money.