I Hated Everything About This... Until the END!!

JonoT
On 5/10/2020 at 9:28 PM, JoostinOnline said:

Yeah, I just unsubscribed again after this. There's no way to know what this is about from the title.

It's not clickbait. He's not lying in the title. It's just more clickable. I watched the whole thing. It wasn't clickbait. Like he said in Honest Answers once it's clickable, not clickbait

A guy asking and answering in his bedroom since he has nothing else to do

2 minutes ago, George Vella said:

It's not clickbait. He's not lying in the title. It's just more clickable. I watched the whole thing. It wasn't clickbait. Like he said in Honest Answers once it's clickable, not clickbait

We're just arguing about nomenclature now, and that's not really important. Whatever term you use, it feels insulting and manipulative to a lot of people, myself included. I won't support the creator intentionally hiding what a video is about.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

12 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

We're just arguing about nomenclature now, and that's not really important. Whatever term you use, it feels insulting and manipulative to a lot of people, myself included. I won't support the creator intentionally hiding what a video is about.

It's not hiding, maybe the title was a little bit clickable, but you can clearly see the product in the thumbnail

A guy asking and answering in his bedroom since he has nothing else to do

10 hours ago, George Vella said:

It's not hiding, maybe the title was a little bit clickable, but you can clearly see the product in the thumbnail

This has already been addressed.  Please read the topic.

It's fine if it doesn't bother you.  However, you should also accept that it upsets other people.  There are plenty of other tech Youtubers who use straightforward titles.  I'll stick with them.  I'll also happily start watching LMG videos again if he goes back to the way they were.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

On 5/10/2020 at 10:34 PM, Egg-Roll said:

https://www.amazon.com/Startech-PEXUSB3S44V-SuperSpeed-Dedicated-Channels/dp/B00HJZEA2S

Something along these lines is what he likely used, don't expect them to be cheap however.

There are cheaper ones with 7 or so usb ports with 2 controllers but you would have to map/test to find the separate ports.

I recently got a Valve Index and have had some tracking issues with it as well. I previously had a Vive where I didn't have any issues to speak of. And the new lighthouses are in the same place as the old ones so I don't get why the tracking drifts quite significantly from time to time.

I would like hear more about the USB-controller thing. Was the problem that Linus had hooked all the USBs to the motherboard and when getting a dedicated USB-controller that fixed it?

what anime do you think Linus watches

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

On 5/18/2020 at 6:33 AM, best_jeppe said:

I recently got a Valve Index and have had some tracking issues with it as well. I previously had a Vive where I didn't have any issues to speak of. And the new lighthouses are in the same place as the old ones so I don't get why the tracking drifts quite significantly from time to time.

I would like hear more about the USB-controller thing. Was the problem that Linus had hooked all the USBs to the motherboard and when getting a dedicated USB-controller that fixed it?

I don't own any VR set (yet), however if usb ports share the same controller or Bus the controller/Bus has to share its abilities between the 2+ devices the performance can be hindered.

image.png.b6bcf35618455ff7cc5bb21965e26877.png

The image above shows my motherboards sata/usb ports. The only USB ports that don't share a PCI-E Bus are the 3.1 Gen 2 ports and they have their own Bus each, based on what I can tell from the diagram (someone correct me if I'm wrong, assuming each drive gets their own Bus) the USBs share one PCI-E Bus directly to the chip, now my board is PCI-E 3.0 so the combined speeds of the USBs assuming the drives go on their own Bus exceeds the 3.0 standard. Where as the card I linked uses a PCI-E 4x slot which means every USB controller has its own Bus, so theoretically the USB standard in that situation is the bottleneck and not the chipset or PCI-E standard.

Long story short, if Vive uses 2.0 specs you shouldn't see issues assuming you follow the diagram from the manufacture like above. So for my board max 3 USB 2.0 devices will provide 0 issues under load assuming one is plugged into a Gen2 port (2nd one is USB-C), or max 3 USB 3.x devices assuming one is USB-C and 2 are plugged into the 3.1 Gen 2 ports.

• 1 year later...
On 5/10/2020 at 9:34 PM, Egg-Roll said:

https://www.amazon.com/Startech-PEXUSB3S44V-SuperSpeed-Dedicated-Channels/dp/B00HJZEA2S

Something along these lines is what he likely used, don't expect them to be cheap however.

There are cheaper ones with 7 or so usb ports with 2 controllers but you would have to map/test to find the separate ports.

Ironically (as you probably know already, Egg-Roll) the problem Linus hit with the multi-tracker Rift setup is almost exactly the same problem that dogged multi-camera setups for the Oculus Rift, and the solution was the same as well. I suppose everyone ends up kissing StarTech's ring in the end.

I wonder if you could that huge big screen projector from the other recent video to create a virtual green screen wall. It that too meta?