Plot Hole in Thor Ragnarok/Avengers Infinity War and Avengers Endgame?

WaggishOhio383
4 minutes ago, Sauron said:

That's just, like, your opinion man :P 

Well it’s film it’s mostly subjective but everyone lauds Marvel as great films and they’re just not. They’re the blandest films produced now. Even as far as comic book movies go I don’t think an MCU movie cracks the top 5. Maybe Ragnarok sneaks in there. But when you compare them to actually great films the difference is massive.

Remember the end of IW? Everyone acts like the ending is amazing, it’s not. Literally when I watched it I thought ugh they’re spinning it out for 2 movies. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Just now, Lord Vile said:

Well it’s film it’s mostly subjective but everyone lauds Marvel as great films and they’re just not. They’re the blandest films produced now.

How can you say it's mostly subjective and in the same breath say they're "the blandest films produced now" so matter-of-factly 🤔

I feel like for the most part the MCU is the closest we've gotten to movies that actually resemble the experience of reading a comic book - if anything they're proof that you can have wild magic nonsense and good character development in the same movie. We're finally liberated from the idea that everything needs to be grimdark or "realistic" for a comic book movie to be successful. I liked Nolan's Batman but it's been done to death now.

I don't go in to an MCU screening for the same reason I'd go see Paths of Glory...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

14 minutes ago, Sauron said:

How can you say it's mostly subjective and in the same breath say they're "the blandest films produced now" so matter-of-factly 🤔

I feel like for the most part the MCU is the closest we've gotten to movies that actually resemble the experience of reading a comic book - if anything they're proof that you can have wild magic nonsense and good character development in the same movie. We're finally liberated from the idea that everything needs to be grimdark or "realistic" for a comic book movie to be successful. I liked Nolan's Batman but it's been done to death now.

I don't go in to an MCU screening for the same reason I'd go see Paths of Glory...

Because they are bland, they’re all fairly simple committee produced crap.

Have you not watched Scott pilgrim? That’s a comic book as a film. Marvel films are just action movies with comic book characters. 

What character development? Maybe a tiny bit but nothing drastic. Tony stark stopped developing as a character at the end of Ironman. Oooo he has a daughter in Endgame but he’s still the same character, infact it might be pretty much a retread of the character arc in AA. Thor stopped in Thor 1, captain America stopped at cap 1. I think the only argument you could have would be scarlet witch and vision. 

also, when the time Ant-man, Ironman and Cap tried to get the Tesseract and the Mind Stone, it was after they defeated Loki and after the aliens almost destroyed New York. but the scene looked like it is a normal day of work, like its nothing happened.

11 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

By and large they’re 6 out of 10s. Could probably count on one hand the “good” ones that are worth watching more than a few times. A lot just get stale and they’re all just too similar. 

They certainly are a mess especially when you realise they butchered one of marvels few good comics. They did that to Civil war too. 

FYI neither IF not CW could have ever been that similar to the comics they’re based on, due to one simple fact:

Licensing. 

Marvel/Disney simply didn’t own the rights to half the characters needed, such as X-Men characters, F4, etc. 

Id say that the lower mid range ones are 6/10, sure. The best are easily 8.5 or 9/10. The worst are maybe 5/10. Most are in the 7-7.5/10 range - which is very respectable. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

FYI neither IF not CW could have ever been that similar to the comics they’re based on, due to one simple fact:

Licensing. 

Marvel/Disney simply didn’t own the rights to half the characters needed, such as X-Men characters, F4, etc. 

Id say that the lower mid range ones are 6/10, sure. The best are easily 8.5 or 9/10. The worst are maybe 5/10. Most are in the 7-7.5/10 range - which is very respectable. 

Um they got Spiderman whos IP is worth more than the rest of marvels characters combined.

Worst as in Thor 2 and Ironman 3? They're pushing a 4. Out of all the films that they've made maybe 4 are an 8, the rest are a 5/6. 

36 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Um they got Spiderman whos IP is worth more than the rest of marvels characters combined.

They don’t own Spider-Man IP. They have a shared agreement with Sony to use Sony’s IP. 

And that took years of negotiations to JUST have him appear as a fairly minor role in CW. 

36 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Worst as in Thor 2 and Ironman 3? They're pushing a 4. Out of all the films that they've made maybe 4 are an 8, the rest are a 5/6. 

In your opinion, yes. 

I, and many others, strongly disagree. 

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

8 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

They don’t own Spider-Man IP. They have a shared agreement with Sony to use Sony’s IP. 

And that took years of negotiations to JUST have him appear as a fairly minor role in CW. 

In your opinion, yes. 

I, and many others, strongly disagree. 

And they couldn’t have negotiated with Fox? For a set of much smaller characters? Especially as they were buying Fox anyway. 

Can disagree doesn’t mean the films are any better. They’re for the most part bland and vanilla. They don’t hold any meaning it’s just a bunch of pop culture references and CGI fights that’ll date horribly. 

This whole Series is a giant Plot Hole.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

On 5/16/2020 at 10:55 AM, Tristerin said:

just watched it twice through during quarantine

You have my condolences

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

16 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Worst as in Thor 2 and Ironman 3?

Your forgetting ..and i dont blame u at all here ..... Captain Marvel ... utter garbage.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 hour ago, SolarNova said:

Your forgetting ..and i dont blame u at all here ..... Captain Marvel ... utter garbage.

I refuse to watch a movie about a fake captain marvel. There is a good captain marvel film and it's called Shazam. 

8 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

I refuse to watch a movie about a fake captain marvel. There is a good captain marvel film and it's called Shazam. 

Lol indeed.

I've seen most of it (Captain Marvel). From clips online and a good deal of the rest when my family borrowed a copy from a friend to watch it, i walked out but every now and then i would catch a few mins.  So much cringe.

Could never bring myself to watch it all outright.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

10 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

And they couldn’t have negotiated with Fox? For a set of much smaller characters? Especially as they were buying Fox anyway. 

You can be 100% certain that they tried. Obviously they didn’t succeed. Or rather, they did eventually when the buyout was completed (which happened far too late to even include any Mutant/X-Men characters). 

Fox initially didn’t want to negotiate. The X-Men series was by and large pretty profitable. Especially the early movies, and then again with First Class and Days of Future Past (both good films). 

They kept hoping for another massive success but the last few X-Men movies underperformed pretty heavily. 

Ultimately that’s likely one of the many reasons Fox sold off its Film division to Disney. 

10 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Can disagree doesn’t mean the films are any better. They’re for the most part bland and vanilla. They don’t hold any meaning it’s just a bunch of pop culture references and CGI fights that’ll date horribly. 

Actually a lot of the MCU CGI holds up fantastically. Go re-watch Iron Man 1. That movie came out in 2008. That was 12 years ago. CGI looks great still. 

Sure, some have better effects than others, but by and large most of these movies will still look good in 20 years. 

3 hours ago, SolarNova said:

Good movie. Definitely not the best of the MCU, but it was a damn good buddy cop adventure film. Brie Larson and Sam Jackson work really well together. And Ben Mendelssohn stole the show he was so good. 

Captain Marvel is fairly easily mid-tier MCU. Better than the worst. Not as good as the best such as Winter Soldier. 

I just find it funny how he already killed half of many populations "by hand". But when he snapped, he killed another half of the half, so for populations he visited personally, in the end he killed 3/4 of the initial population :P Nice math there mr. titan.

47 minutes ago, Ergroilnin said:

I just find it funny how he already killed half of many populations "by hand". But when he snapped, he killed another half of the half, so for populations he visited personally, in the end he killed 3/4 of the initial population :P Nice math there mr. titan.

Not necessarily. When he did the snap, he might well have accounted for those specific populations he’s already “culled”. 

Ultimately the snap is still doing whatever you’re “thinking” - we don’t know what the limitations are. 

56 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Not necessarily. When he did the snap, he might well have accounted for those specific populations he’s already “culled”. 

Ultimately the snap is still doing whatever you’re “thinking” - we don’t know what the limitations are. 

I mean obviously, it could be just that, as it is not directly stated anywhere at all.

But seeing Thanos's intellect (or certain lack of, if he is supposed to be genius level intellect like) in the movie, the moment he did the snap (so very badly hurt, if not for using infinity stones at all, probably dead in the next attack, so on verge of collapse, thus being driven more by will and emotions rather than pure logic (even if flawed one to begin with)), I think it is pretty safe to say, that what I am internally laughing about is more probable than him having a whitelist of races to not snap out during that moment, thus hitting them extra hard instead (to be fair, universe is so immensely big, that doing this extra unfair treatment would be so small of an unjustice that he probably would not care at all anyways).

But as I said, I just found it funny, nowhere it is explicitely said it was or was not like that and even if it was, it is not a plot hole, just a mistake on the actual character's side.

I hope I'm not the only person but everytime I hear or see the word 'Avengers', it always makes me think of the Hillman Avenger xD 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

6 hours ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

I hope I'm not the only person but everytime I hear or see the word 'Avengers', it always makes me think of the Hillman Avenger xD 

Had to Google what a Hillman Avenger was - a car, it seems, made by Chrysler. Never heard of it before.

Thread cleaned. Please stay on topic and remember the Community Standards.

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450