What if Linus were to make his own video card? If he trashed NVIDIA then why doesn't he make his own or his team make a custom gpu that would surpass NVIDIA's 2080 ti, or Titan, and AMD's Vega 64 and 5700?

2 minutes ago, Artellama said:

What if Linus were to make his own video card? If he trashed NVIDIA then why doesn't he make his own or his team make a custom gpu that would surpass NVIDIA's 2080 ti, or Titan, and AMD's Vega 64 and 5700?

WHO WOULD WIN?!

Nvidia: 13,227 employees, company that specializes in graphics technology

OR

LinusMediaGroup: a media production company?!

Doesn't seem kind of fair..

Maybe you would find this video interesting:

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, seon123 said:

slightly

made my day ^^

My Rig / Buildlogs:  ❄️ SNOWFLAKE ❄️ FROSTBITE ❄️

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600   Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum   RAM: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16GB @3200   Mobo: Asus Prime X470 Pro

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Aorus 2080super Waterforce    Case: Corsair 500D   PSU: Corsair HX850i

Storage: 500GB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 2x 1TB SATA SSD

Displays: AOC CQ32G1 32" 2560x1440, Acer XB280HK 28.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz, Medion MD20850 24" 2560x1440

4 minutes ago, minibois said:

WHO WOULD WIN?!

Nvidia: 13,227 employees, company that specializes in graphics technology

OR

LinusMediaGroup: a media production company?!

Doesn't seem kind of fair..

Maybe you would find this video interesting:

Thought of exactly the same video as I read the post

7 minutes ago, seon123 said:

I... Think you're slightly underestimating how much it takes to create a GPU from scratch.

BuT hE tRaSh TaLkEd ThEm!!!!

So clearly he MUST be able to make a superior product, I mean that's the only reason for saying something negative about a company right? If you can just snap your butt-cheeks together and whip up something in 5 seconds. Otherwise you would only say something positive about a company.

/sArCaSm

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

30 minutes ago, Artellama said:

You don't just make your own GPU you fool.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

49 minutes ago, Artellama said:

Well in theory with atleast a 10 million budget (and that amount would be on the low side) without accounting for land and building cost he could do so as could anybody that has a degree or in case of no degree a very strong business acumen (mind that he will have the role of CEO thus he wouldnt necessarily need to know the engineering part of things) the issue is who is going to give him that money? you? :P  money doesnt grow from trees and you have to build an empire of smaller businesses in order to accumulate the extra funds(meaning that you need to make profits to pay taxes, operational cost, cost of living for himself and paychecks to employees for at least a year in advance for your current smaller businesses and then save money towards your goal) in order to step up into big industrial enterprise level and to start his endeavor into mass producing graphics cards. 

1 hour ago, Artellama said:

Yea mate I don't like amd in alot of cases 

I mean I really should bring something new to the table cuz I definitely can lmao

Just letting you know the first Pascal chipset took 3 billion dollars worth of engineering and creating 

It's not as simple as oh I hate this I'm gonna make something better 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, seon123 said:

slightly

Just slightly 😂

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: