Steam vouchers in China

Gekido

Hi fellow techgeeks!

Just a general topic about steam vouchers. Now as I am currently living in China I found out you can't buy PC games are most of the IT malls in the big cities. You need to buy on Taobao a voucher of game voucher and then activate it. I tried this with a small amount of money, 7 dollars, and bought a small game voucher. Now after paying with Alipay you need to go to https://nansong.steamrobot.me/autoorder and login with your steam account. This is to receive the gift voucher of the game to your account's emailadress.

I received it right away so far so good. However, after tying to activate it in my Steam for about 4 times I submitted a ticket at Steam Support. They informed me, 3 days later, that they can't support this kind of Gift distribution. 

I did get my money back from the webshop where I bought the voucher, but just want to warn any of you who perhaps live or gonna live in China and want to be PC games.... Don't buy Steam games in this way, it doesn't work and is not supported. 

FYI

VPNs and grey market game sales make Chairman Mao a sad man.

last time i was told you can still buy games on steam even if you live in there, only thing you need is some sort of vpn services. altho i was also told that common vpn stuff, like built in is not safe anymore,you need stronger stuff.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

3 hours ago, zassou said:

last time i was told you can still buy games on steam even if you live in there, only thing you need is some sort of vpn services. altho i was also told that common vpn stuff, like built in is not safe anymore,you need stronger stuff.

You don't need a VPN for steam. I buy using my wechat e-wallet directly from within steam. No VPN, no third party codes.