NXZT case fans and mobo with kraken

Hello, i just have a quick question about the support between the NZXT case fans, the  Kraken X53 and the Gigabyte X570's fan headers. I would like to have an exhaust fan and the front fans on the radiator for the kraken to work in this build.

I have never used any AIO cooler before and i just want to make sure that i can use the provided case fan and the CPU cooler fans at the same time on this motherboard. If there is a way how do i accomplish it?

7 minutes ago, COMMANDER012 said:

Hello, i just have a quick question about the support between the NZXT case fans, the  Kraken X53 and the Gigabyte X570's fan headers. I would like to have an exhaust fan and the front fans on the radiator for the kraken to work in this build.

I have never used any AIO cooler before and i just want to make sure that i can use the provided case fan and the CPU cooler fans at the same time on this motherboard. If there is a way how do i accomplish it?

The case fan still use 4 pin and 3 Pin PWM fan headers for powering and controlling the speed of the fans. This goes for both the case fans in the case and the included AIO fans. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The case fan still use 4 pin and 3 Pin PWM fan headers for powering and controlling the speed of the fans. This goes for both the case fans in the case and the included AIO fans. 

the case comes with 2 fans so having 4 fans running and powered is possible on this build?

Just now, COMMANDER012 said:

the case comes with 2 fans so having 4 fans running and powered is possible on this build?

Correct. Though, you will likely need fan spliters for the AIO, and fan spliters for the case fans as most ITX boards only come with two fan headers (you can run multiple fans off one header, but it depends on the power draw of the fans, which you can always find on the back of the fan hub) 

Most motherboard fan headers can supply up to 1A of power. The H210 comes with AER F fans which are .18a max draw. So you could theoretically power 5 fans off 1 header before you'd need a supplementary powered fan hub.

image.png.13923aef83000e64af140fc6cce44d08.png

https://www.nzxt.com/products/aer-f

https://www.nzxt.com/products/h210-matte-white

Please note: The official AER F page listed these as Fluid Dynamic Bearing fans, but the official Case Page lists AERF rifle bearing fans. T's possible that the case fans are different, so you might only be able to run up to 3 fans for example. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

The case fans are 3-pin-only. So, the Gigabyte motherboard you have only has 2 fan headers and no AIO pump header.   So anything with only 3-pins goes on one header and anything with the option of a 4-pin should go on the other header.  You’ll need to get fan splitters to connect multiple fans to a single fan header.

That should give you the greatest amount of control.

Just now, Hilltrot said:

The case fans are 3-pin-only. So, the Gigabyte motherboard you have only has 2 fan headers and no AIO pump header.   So anything with only 3-pins goes on one header and anything with the option of a 4-pin should go on the other header.  You’ll need to get fan splitters to connect multiple fans to a single fan header.

That should give you the greatest amount of control.

so do u need to purchase those splitters separately?

1 minute ago, COMMANDER012 said:

so do u need to purchase those splitters separately?

I know the case doesn’t come with one.  I don’t think the kraken does either.

Just now, Hilltrot said:

I know the case doesn’t come with one.  I don’t think the kraken does either.

ok, in that case what type of splitter do i need to run 4 fans on?

5 minutes ago, COMMANDER012 said:

ok, in that case what type of splitter do i need to run 4 fans on?

I’ve never bought a Kraken.  The case doesn’t come with a fan splitter.

1 hour ago, Hilltrot said:

I’ve never bought a Kraken.  The case doesn’t come with a fan splitter.

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Correct. Though, you will likely need fan spliters for the AIO, and fan spliters for the case fans as most ITX boards only come with two fan headers (you can run multiple fans off one header, but it depends on the power draw of the fans, which you can always find on the back of the fan hub) 

Most motherboard fan headers can supply up to 1A of power. The H210 comes with AER F fans which are .18a max draw. So you could theoretically power 5 fans off 1 header before you'd need a supplementary powered fan hub.

image.png.13923aef83000e64af140fc6cce44d08.png

https://www.nzxt.com/products/aer-f

https://www.nzxt.com/products/h210-matte-white

Please note: The official AER F page listed these as Fluid Dynamic Bearing fans, but the official Case Page lists AERF rifle bearing fans. T's possible that the case fans are different, so you might only be able to run up to 3 fans for example. 

Is there a way to also power the pump? there are only 2 4 pin slots in the mobo

1 hour ago, COMMANDER012 said:

Is there a way to also power the pump? there are only 2 4 pin slots in the mobo

That pump is likely powered through the usb header.

4 minutes ago, Hilltrot said:

That pump is likely powered through the usb header.

ok, so im at this delema of what splitters do i need for the mobo to power 4 fans and where do i need to put them?

1 hour ago, COMMANDER012 said:

ok, so im at this delema of what splitters do i need for the mobo to power 4 fans and where do i need to put them?

Yeah, It usually sucks.

And to be honest, it is a lot of work to figure out exactly which cables are needed ahead of time which is why I don't really have the time to help find out "exactly" what you need.

I do believe you need at least one, 2-1 fan splitter for the case fans.  The Kraken may have enough ways to connect already.  

Just now, Hilltrot said:

Yeah, It usually sucks.

And to be honest, it is a lot of work to figure out exactly which cables are needed ahead of time which is why I don't really have the time to help find out "exactly" what you need.

I do believe you need at least one, 2-1 fan splitter for the case fans.  The Kraken may have enough ways to connect already.  

i found a different way for all the fans: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N3HP8S5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

10 hours ago, COMMANDER012 said:

I've used that fan hub before, it works well. 

20170521_204250.jpg