Bent Pcie slot

Hello.

i bought second hand PC online and when it came i immediately noticed that graphics card was not sitting right. so i got it out and noticed that the Pcie slot was bent and now i'm afraid to even turn on the PC because i think it will kill my graphics card.

Any advice?

received_233615834532046.jpeg

received_844651056024006.jpeg

For advice, I mean just buy a new mobo. what are the specs? Do you have the money for a new upgrade

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

2 minutes ago, WambleCropped said:

For advice, I mean just buy a new mobo. what are the specs? Do you have the money for a new upgrade

He just bought the PC as stated in the OP. Why should he replace the board or upgrade the system already? if anything he should just return it.

To Raijin123, bent slots used to somewhat common, although I never seen one bend upwards. Id say your be find so long as it does not get worse and you keep the GPU well supported.

That dont looks good. Even thou I don’t thing it would kill your GPU there is a small chance… its your decision if you wanna risk it other ways the mainboard isn’t usable.

You could try to solder a new PCIe x16 connector on… but I don’t think its worth it…

7 minutes ago, Raijin123 said:

i bought second hand PC online and when it came

This PC was shipped to you? Did it have a graphics card in that slot during shipping?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Austinham said:

He just bought the PC as stated int he OP. Why should he replace the board or upgrade? if anything he should just return it.

we dont know if he can return it. True, yes he just bought it. But that PCEI look pretty dead

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

8 minutes ago, WambleCropped said:

we dont know if he can return it. True, yes he just bought it. But that PCEI look pretty dead

I seen worse and still work. That one is hardly bad at all.  He bought it online, one would just file a charge back if he can't return it.

Thanks for replying.

i don't think the sellers gonna return it because it was in good condition when he sold it to me (at least on pictures). i think it was the shipping companys fault who delivered it to me. the grapics card that was in the slot is Asus r9 280 and i don't have money for the new mono at the moment

3 minutes ago, Austinham said:

I seen worse and still work. That one is hardly bad at all.  He bought it online, one would just file a charge back if he can't return it.

@Austinham 

4 minutes ago, Raijin123 said:

Thanks for replying.

i don't think the sellers gonna return it because it was in good condition when he sold it to me (at least on pictures). i think it was the shipping companys fault who delivered it to me. the grapics card that was in the slot is Asus r9 280 and i don't have money for the new mono at the moment

He chose the shipper, he hired the shipper, its still his fault. One top of that its his fault if he left the card installed when shipping. Id push for a return or file a charge back. 

interesting reminds me of my duo core 2 pci slot when i dropped the thing by accident gpu was toast but the slot was bent to who knows. still worked but i fixed it by putting something non conductive in the slot then used a flat nosed pair of pliers with tape on each side to not scratch the socket then when pulling back right direction i try to keep even weight down on it as i push it back up. was not perfect but was straighter than it was. if cant get it returned and stuck with it. try that but in this cause have to push it down wards since the right side is the bent area as left is fine.