re: ASUS Prime B450M-K Motherboard

ASUS Prime B450M-K Motherboard

ok so I know its in the tier F list but what i would like to know is what size the shared memory is as i cant find it even on the asus site, only resolution listed.

I have seen/found one of these boards paired with a 3400G and id like to know what size the shared ram would be, is it 2gig can it go higher like some other boards)?

im trying to determine if its gonna be a good buy or not the system comes with 16gig ram

thanks

current main system: as of 1st Jan 2023

motherboard : Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

ram : 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 3600mhz

Video Card : RX 550 4 GIG

Monitor: BENQ 21 inch

4 minutes ago, cretsiah said:

ok so I know its in the tier F list but what i would like to know is what size the shared memory is as i cant find it even on the asus site, only resolution listed.

I have seen/found one of these boards paired with a 3400G and id like to know what size the shared ram would be, is it 2gig can it go higher like some other boards)?

im trying to determine if its gonna be a good buy or not the system comes with 16gig ram

thanks

pretty bad board. get something better. what toher alternatives you have?

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

4 minutes ago, cretsiah said:

thanks

motherboard has nothing to do with shared memory. there is no memory on motherboards, the 3400g will reserve a part of your ram as it's video memory, depending on the application and the available ram.

yeh i get that it is a bad board but for the price i would be paying for a complete computer it would do me for 6-12 months.

as for motherboards not having anything to do with shared memory??? ie gigabyte-b450-aorus-pro-motherboard goes upto 16gig if you drop 32gig of ram in.

36 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

motherboard has nothing to do with shared memory. there is no memory on motherboards, the 3400g will reserve a part of your ram as it's video memory, depending on the application and the available ram.

There is bro ,Maximum limit for shared memory for graphics  depends on the mother board.

Like Asrock b450 pro4 limits shared memory to 16gb 

MSI b450 M2 max limits it to 2gb

I think asus b450m k limits it to 4gb I think

Screenshot_20200505-190247_Chrome.png

thanks @Shreyasb , i dont mind if its as low as 2Gig (so long as it is not lower than that). Ive just had to swap out a 1gig Geforce GTX 650 for a Galaxy Geforce GT620 on my current rig :(  from 384 cuda cores down to 96 but at least its running smooth again lol