Can I overclock my Ryzen 5 2600 and GTX 1660 super with EVGA 500w psu?

NotRenemar

I have the worst pc anyone could have. Now I thought of an upgrade, I’m new to building computers and I just wanted to know if my 500W psu can carry my Ryzen 5 2600 and 1660 super, and maybe overclock it. Response would be very much appreciated, thank you in advance. :))

Sure it can carry... Sure it can overclock them.... Just don't expect much of a bump in performance due to their boosting nature.

Should I overclock it? How much do you recommend?

I am running a Ryzen 5 3600 with a RTX 2070 Super on a 550W PSU.   The 500W PSU should be able to handle your situation.

8 minutes ago, NotRenemar said:

Hi I thought this would be the perfect place to ask questions about stuffs like this. I'm planning to buy an rtx 2060, but i already have a 500W EVGA psu , you think I will still do good? btw my cpu is R5 2600 :))) I would love too see your answers thank you.

yes 500w is easily enough

just to double check i would use pc part picker and look at the required power for the whole system, and go up about 50 watts

17 hours ago, NotRenemar said:

Hi I thought this would be the perfect place to ask questions about stuffs like this. I'm planning to buy an rtx 2060, but i already have a 500W EVGA psu , you think I will still do good? btw my cpu is R5 2600 :))) I would love too see your answers thank you.

These are the parts I'm planning :)) Feel free to judge me HEHEHEHE

2 minutes ago, NotRenemar said:

should I go for 1660 super or rtx 2060?

depends on what performance you want to get, and what games you play.

2 minutes ago, NotRenemar said:

i only have 500w PSU, a good one tho.

you wouldn't mind telling us the model, would you?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

18 minutes ago, NotRenemar said:

The Ryzen 5 3600 is six dollars more right now.  I would definitely switch to that Processor instead.  If there is still room to strecth the budget - get 3200 MHZ ram (or if possible 3600MHZ).

16 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

depends on what performance you want to get, and what games you play.

you wouldn't mind telling us the model, would you?

I wanna play games like AC

my psu is EVGA :))

Just now, NotRenemar said:

wanna play games like AC

1080p? 60fps?

Is it even good haha sorry

I don't know, you only told me the brand

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

16 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

1080p? 60fps?

yes :))

yes :))

The 1660 super is pretty good at that

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

The 1660 super is pretty good at that

yeah but soon 2 generations behind

16 minutes ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

only if its 80+ Bronze or higher

Efficiency has nothing to do with it, the wattage rating refers to PSU's power output, not input. So, for example, a 500W 80+ titanium PSU will draw a max of ~530W from the wall, while a 500W 80+ white unit will draw ~610W, but they will both be able to supply 500W to the components

1 hour ago, NotRenemar said:

what’s the specific psu model?

Just now, Teddy07 said:

yeah but soon 2 generations behind

I fail to see how. It is current gen now, and Nvidia is releasing their next gen later this year. 

And the generation does not decide what the performance is. No matter how old this PC is, it will have the same performance in assassin's Creed games that are out now.

Primary PC:

look into the EVGA2060 KO - Gamers Nexus has a good review on it and spec wise also

*** Thread merged ***

Please only post once about same subject. Also be mindful of where you post. These threads are now in correct subforum.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv