Best place to buy parts from

KiraShka

Hello everyone, so basically i live abroad but my family is in the U.S and was thinking where would be a good pricing place to order parts from like Rtx 2070, Ryzen 7 3700x and more. I won't buy them from my country because they are 150-200 dollars more on each part and amazon looks so over priced atm. help please :/

So will you be ordering from the US? Amazon usually has good prices, but recently some components have been out of stock and shipping times  have been about a month. Newegg is also a good option, they usually have free 5-7 business day shipping and their prices are pretty good. 

Just now, Niswendel said:

Online you can go with,

https://www.bestbuy.com/

https://www.amazon.com/ref=nav_logo

https://www.newegg.com/

In store,

Microcenter

Best Buy

If you want refurbished, 

I can suggest some other sources

Shipping+price wise I'm not sure, but I have had good experiences with these companies and/or heard good things.

4 minutes ago, The_russian said:

So will you be ordering from the US? Amazon usually has good prices, but recently some components have been out of stock and shipping times  have been about a month. Newegg is also a good option, they usually have free 5-7 business day shipping and their prices are pretty good. 

I wanted to order from the US but the tax once it arrived is almost the same price so one of my family members will buy it and bring it with them when they visit

3 minutes ago, Niswendel said:

Shipping+price wise I'm not sure, but I have had good experiences with these companies and/or heard good things.

Yeah that's the thing one of my family members wants to buy it from the US and bring it with them since it's cheaper over there.

Assemble your PC at pcpartpicker.com and it'll show you pricing from a wide array of vendors.  Pick one that looks trustworthy to you (I assume pcpartpicker has some kind of vetting process, but I generally stick to those I know -- Amazon and NewEgg).  You can also keep the list without purchasing anything and find out pretty quick when something goes on sale and the like.

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

8 minutes ago, Rybo said:

Assemble your PC at pcpartpicker.com and it'll show you pricing from a wide array of vendors.  Pick one that looks trustworthy to you (I assume pcpartpicker has some kind of vetting process, but I generally stick to those I know -- Amazon and NewEgg).  You can also keep the list without purchasing anything and find out pretty quick when something goes on sale and the like.

I love PCPARTPICKER.

2 hours ago, KiraShka said:

Hello everyone, so basically i live abroad but my family is in the U.S and was thinking where would be a good pricing place to order parts from like Rtx 2070, Ryzen 7 3700x and more. I won't buy them from my country because they are 150-200 dollars more on each part and amazon looks so over priced atm. help please :/

I usually use pc-partpicker as it compares retailers and gives me a rough idea of the best place to buy from.

17 hours ago, Rybo said:

Another point about pcPartPicker is it’s got multiple nationalities.  Hit the “person shaped” button and you can choose what country you want to pretend to be in for buying mail order parts.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

41 minutes ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

BestBuy and Newegg

Partially.  The big discount computer parts mail retailers seem to be Newegg, Best Buy, microcenter, bizrate, and H&M.  Also a bunch of smaller or more specialized stuff.  Depends on what you want.  For a while the cheapest nvidia cards of one model were direct from the Nvidia site because everyone was marking way up.  That was a while ago.   It varies as to who is cheaper for what often hourly.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.