[Solved] ethernet to usb 3.0 hub. Will this actually work?

Go to solution Solved by WereCatf,
5 minutes ago, abcdefghivjklmnop said:

Use the other port as a usb 3.0 to rj45 which i want to invert to ethernet to usb 3.0 female 

I forgot to comment on this: that's not how it works, you can't invert it. You plug it into a USB-port and it gives you Ethernet, not the other way around.

Hi there, so I have a new laptop (Asus fx503v i5-7300hq+gtx 1050) uhm I dont know how to explain this but the laptop has no usb 3.0(I think) and has only 1 hdmi, whilst I want to have 2+ monitors and a powered usb 3.0 hub. 

My plan is:
Get a RJ45 splitter https://www.ebay.ie/itm/1-to-2-Port-RJ45-LAN-Network-Ethernet-Connector-Splitter-Extender-Plug-Adapter-J/201616755197?hash=item2ef14b89fd:g:EFMAAOSw-KFXegLl
Use one of the ports as a ethernet port lol 
Use the other port as a usb 3.0 to rj45 which i want to invert to ethernet to usb 3.0 female 

(https://www.ebay.ie/itm/USB-3-0-to-10-100-1000-Mbps-Gigabit-RJ45-Ethernet-LAN-For-P-Network-V6O5-Ad-Z6D6/114100061288?hash=item1a90e4c468:g:WeAAAOSwSwdeOqQe

Then get a usb 3.0 hub.

Then get a usb to hdmi which then I can connect to the 2nd monitor. 

My questions are:

Will this actually work lol.
And will I have to get anything else (for example.powered ethernet wires)?

On the website it does say it has usb 3.0 on the laptop but the ports are not blue as they are literally in any other laptop that has usb 3.0 and I dont know why but theres no site for the asus fx503v while there is one for the fx503. 

Thankyou for reading this and please tell me if this'll work lol. 

1 minute ago, abcdefghivjklmnop said:

but the ports are not blue

Some manufacturers just like to not follow the standards and refuse to use the blue sockets. If the website says they are USB3.0 then they are, despite them not being blue.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Those "splitters" won't work in the way you think. They are garbage for start, would give you at best 100Mbps at best (if you even get a connection), and there is no way to use them to give you a usb 3.0 hub.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 minutes ago, abcdefghivjklmnop said:

I forgot to comment on this: that's not how it works, you can't invert it. You plug it into a USB-port and it gives you Ethernet, not the other way around.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Those "splitters" won't work in the way you think. They are garbage for start, would give you at best 100Mbps at best (if you even get a connection), and there is no way to use them to give you a usb 3.0 hub.

Oh ok. thanks 

Just now, WereCatf said:

Oh ok thankyou. I was thinking of exploiting the ethernet but nvm