How to record game sound, but not voice chat in game?

Hello.

Is there any way that I can record game sound, but not voice chat in game. I still want to talk in voice chat, is there any way that I could do that while not recording voice chat?

I am recording moments while I play with nvidia shadowplay, I am using instant replay.

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, dodo651 said:

Hello.

just disable your microphone in shadowplay?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Just now, Streetguru said:

just disable your microphone in shadowplay?

That'd still record the voice-chat from other players.

Just now, dodo651 said:

Is there any way that I can record game sound, but not voice chat in game. I still want to talk in voice chat, is there any way that I could do that while not recording voice chat?

I dunno if it'll work with Shadowplay, but you can use Virtual Audio Cable to set up a virtual audio output, use that as the Windows default output-device, so the games and recording-software and such will use that one. Then just set your voice-chat software to use the real devices. This way you've virtually separated the two, even though you will be able to hear both.

Note that this won't work for in-game audio-chat. This will only work for external voice-chat apps, like Discord or Mumble.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

That'd still record the voice-chat from other players.

Would have to just disable their voice chat in a given game, unless the game specifically can send voice chat to another device/track

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Just now, Streetguru said:

Would have to just disable their voice chat in a given game

Then he wouldn't hear the chat, either. OP says he wants to be able to use voice-chat, so no.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Unless game supports multiple audio devices, there's no way to do this. In-game VOIP is handled by same audio device as other game audio (effects).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv