Help me find the right monitor for me

platysaur

I’m looking for a gaming monitor with great colors. Definitely an IPS panel, 144hz (165hz if there aren’t 144hz options) and has synch technology, preferably certified with gsync or has gsync. My budget ranges from $250-350. 24 inch is ideal.

There’s so many options that it’s hard for me to choose! But I can’t emphasize enough how important colors are to me.

To be truthful, I’ve gone through two monitors and they weren’t to my liking. The VG249Q has some weird green issues with the whites that’s driving me crazy. I liked my VG259Q but it had a firmware issue according to an Asus Support rep. I might wait for the VG259Q to go back in stock but I’m weighing other options. I was looking at the Acer 24G2 as well as something outside my range which is this; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YGZL8XF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_f0rQEbZMRK2DK

hopefully when things go back to normal, a new monitor will be easier to get 

Honestly, I'd not go out to eat and just get the Alienware AW2521HF. If IPS, FPS, and G-Sync are your main criteria. Alienware (dell) seem to have very good quality assurance people working for them. Generally their Panels (sourced from LG) don't have as bad of backlight bleed or issues in general. In my opinion, getting one good thing that suits all your needs and that you keep is better than flip flopping monitors all the time. Because you end buying / selling this at a net loss if you switch monitors all the time.

Bonus: this particular panel has a 240hz refresh rate.

The bad: it's slightly outside of your budget at $385 (USD); however, I'm sure you could be a shrewd negotiator and get them (dell.com) to price match another website. That way you get good shipping.

Happy Hunting!

Edit: whoops i'm stupid and didn't notice that LG monitor is a 1440p panel. 

another edit: LG some killer products that don't like god awful. Going with anything LG would disappoint you IMHO

1 hour ago, super_teabag said:

Honestly, I'd not go out to eat and just get the Alienware AW2521HF. If IPS, FPS, and G-Sync are your main criteria. Alienware (dell) seem to have very good quality assurance people working for them. Generally their Panels (sourced from LG) don't have as bad of backlight bleed or issues in general. In my opinion, getting one good thing that suits all your needs and that you keep is better than flip flopping monitors all the time. Because you end buying / selling this at a net loss if you switch monitors all the time.

Bonus: this particular panel has a 240hz refresh rate.

The bad: it's slightly outside of your budget at $385 (USD); however, I'm sure you could be a shrewd negotiator and get them (dell.com) to price match another website. That way you get good shipping.

Happy Hunting!

Edit: whoops i'm stupid and didn't notice that LG monitor is a 1440p panel. 

another edit: LG some killer products that don't like god awful. Going with anything LG would disappoint you IMHO

That Alienware does look pretty nice. I would technically be paying like 185 instead of the full price since I’ll be returning my current monitor. Do you know what their return policy is in case of dead pixels or any other issues?

From the reviews I've read if you find a dead pixel they definitely replace the panel / swap it out for a not broken unit.

17 hours ago, super_teabag said:

From the reviews I've read if you find a dead pixel they definitely replace the panel / swap it out for a not broken unit.

I did end up buying it. It doesn't come til the end of June but I think it'll be worth the wait!