How long will 3080ti last year wise?

So im contemplating between getting the 3080 or the 3080ti for my new rig im building hopefully after Christmas before February 2021 and im wondering if the 3080ti is worth over the 3080 for 240hz gaming and video rendering and editing and how long it will last in the long run paired with possibly the i10 or go ryzen im not sure yet.

why not wait for reviews and benchmarks to make better informed opinions on the value of the new products? 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

We won't be able to answer that until the card is released and there are benchmarks and tests to determine its performance. Right now it's nothing but rumours and gossip about what might be.

For what it's worth my GTX 1080Ti is still going strong and that's over 3 years old now.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Same as the guy above .

My 1080Ti is still handling all games better than everything that is not a 2080 Ti.

I'm been thinking about a new card quite often but if I am paying $1600+ for a new card now I want it to completely shread my current one and that doesn't seem to happen just yet , even the 2080Ti is a very minor upgrade since I don't care about raytracing, kinda feel bad for the people that bought them  :) 

3000 series will be interesting to see how it handles or if it's another 2 years of 1080Ti. 

i actually think that if you own a 970 or a 980, then you are still "okay-ish" owning a 980TI then you are still great... so for me you can jump over 2 generations, currently running a 1080ti, and seriously the only card faster than mine is the absurdly expensive 2080ti... so i´m good to wait another generation, the 3080 has to be either not expensive, or REALLY fast, to be something for me to change into..

by really fast, i mean 120fps 4K or able to drive all racing games in max detail on high res vr headsets, even a 2080ti has issues there.