I need help buying more ram

So I have a Hp pavilion 15 gaming laptop with a i5-8300h and a gtx 1050ti with only 8 gbs of ram with one spot open and i was wondering what ram i should purchase? Also should i get one stick of ram or should i get 2 sticks of ram and replace the one. PS i need DDR4-2666 SDRAM 

• CPU
    intel i5-4460
  • Motherboard
    msi z97s SLI krait edition
  • RAM
    hyperx 16 gb
  • GPU
    evga gtx 1660
  • Case
    DIY tank case
  • Storage
    STORAGE seagate ironwolf 1tb

Boot drive SAMSUNG SSD 860 EVO 250GB
  • PSU
    cooler master 850
  • Cooling
    corsair H100I platinum

4 hours ago, Kurferix said:

So I have a Hp pavilion 15 gaming laptop with a i5-8300h and a gtx 1050ti with only 8 gbs of ram with one spot open and i was wondering what ram i should purchase? Also should i get one stick of ram or should i get 2 sticks of ram and replace the one. PS i need DDR4-2666 SDRAM 

First make sure your so dimms arent soldered and there is actual dual channel support on it 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

10 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

First make sure your so dimms arent soldered and there is actual dual channel support on it 

Yeah there is