ceekaj

So to start off here's my parts list:
1. Asus ROG strix b450-5 motherboard
2. 2x8 tridentz ram
3. amd ryzen 5 2600
4. Asus ROG strix rx580
5. Asus rog strix rx570
6. Corsair rm850
Now here's my problem. The rx570 doesn't work. I plug it in get the white light for the cable to say that's it's receiving power. When i turn the pc on the ROG logo lights up green(that was the color i set it to before i got the rx580). Now since i have two gpus i would like to set each up to a monitor. The rx580 sets up fine to its monitor but the rx570 doesn't. Sometimes it won't even be recognized by the computer. And when it is recognized I get the code 43 error. Now i have flashed the card before I just don't know what could possibly be wrong with it. I've tried taking the rx580 out and having just the rx570 but the computer won't even boot. Now i’ve already posted this same problem before. And someone tried to help me. They told me to use ddu and clean and shut down with just the 580 in. I did this and then put the 570 in by itself. It didn’t work. So then i took the 570 out and put the 580 in. Now the 580 doesn’t work and all that happens is the computer turns on everything inside the computer lights up. But my periphals won’t light up and my monitor says no signal

What is the reason you are running two different video cards? I think there will be some driver issue when running two different cards from the same GPU maker. If there was one AMD and one Nvidia I think it would work because they have different drivers. Not sure though.

Just now, aDoomGuy said:

What is the reason you are running two different video cards? I think there will be some driver issue when running two different cards from the same GPU maker. If there was one AMD and one Nvidia I think it would work because they have different drivers. Not sure though.

i’m not anymore i was just gonna run one but now that one won’t even work.

7 minutes ago, ceekaj said:

i’m not anymore i was just gonna run one but now that one won’t even work.

Reseat it. If still refuses to display signal try to clear CMOS.

Just now, aDoomGuy said:

Reseat it. If still refuses to display signal try to clear CMOS.

wdym by reseat it. I’ve changed it’s position to the 2nd pcie slot and it still doesn’t work. How do i clear the cmos

1 minute ago, ceekaj said:

wdym by reseat it. I’ve changed it’s position to the 2nd pcie slot and it still doesn’t work. How do i clear the cmos

Reseat means to take it out and set it back in again. Use the first PCIe slot.

The board is the Strix B450-F? You said b450-5 motherboard. 

Clear CMOS for Strix B450-F

• Unplug the power cord to the PC after powering off and turning off the power supply
  • Locate the Clear RTC pins (it is a pair of two pins towards the bottom close to the fan headers and front panel connections, look at page 1-9 in the manual
  • Short out the pins with a screwdriver or similar for 5-10 seconds
  • Plug the power back in when done, turn it back on and see if you can enter the UEFI

15 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Reseat means to take it out and set it back in again. Use the first PCIe slot.

The board is the Strix B450-F? You said b450-5 motherboard. 

Clear CMOS for Strix B450-F

• Unplug the power cord to the PC after powering off and turning off the power supply
  • Locate the Clear RTC pins (it is a pair of two pins towards the bottom close to the fan headers and front panel connections, look at page 1-9 in the manual
  • Short out the pins with a screwdriver or similar for 5-10 seconds
  • Plug the power back in when done, turn it back on and see if you can enter the UEFI

are you sure this will work because i don’t wanna mess anything else up

3 minutes ago, ceekaj said:

are you sure this will work because i don’t wanna mess anything else up

I'm not sure it will work, no. It have worked for me in the past when I've been stuck with no signal to monitor though.

I have the same board as you and I have done this a few times so if you follow the instructions CLOSELY on page 1-9 in the manual you shouldn't mess something up if you are careful.

If you try it without the power cable disconnected or something then you will mess up the board. Follow the instructions in your manual and I think 75% it will work when you boot it up.

36 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

I'm not sure it will work, no. It have worked for me in the past when I've been stuck with no signal to monitor though.

I have the same board as you and I have done this a few times so if you follow the instructions CLOSELY on page 1-9 in the manual you shouldn't mess something up if you are careful.

If you try it without the power cable disconnected or something then you will mess up the board. Follow the instructions in your manual and I think 75% it will work when you boot it up.

It hasn’t worked. I touched the pins with a paper clip for 10 seconds. Didn’t work. I did the same thing but took out the battery for 10 seconds. Didn’t work.

So to start off here's my parts list:
1. Asus ROG strix b450-5 motherboard
2. 2x8 tridentz ram
3. amd ryzen 5 2600
4. Asus ROG strix rx580
5. Asus rog strix rx570
6. Corsair rm850

So today i was having some trouble with my gpu. I posted it on the forum. Someone told me to ddu it and i cleaned and shut down. Now with that same gpu in my pc my pc won’t boot. It turns on but there is no signal to the monitor and none of my periphals light up or respond. I really need some help. I have cleaned the cmos or at least i think i have. I’ve taken the battery out and put it back in and done the paperclip method.

33 minutes ago, ceekaj said:

i had the power cord out and the psu turned off for both times

Is it possible to try the card in a different computer?

10 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Is it possible to try the card in a different computer?

no the other computer is too small for the card

-Threads Merged-

Please refrain from posting duplicate topics. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

6 hours ago, ceekaj said:

no the other computer is too small for the card

Does it have a GPU you can try in the PC you are having problems with?