Poor performance with decent specs

AdamK7

Specs:
Ryzen 1600x
Gigabyte RTX 2060 6gb
1x16gb 2400mhz RAM
Aorus B450 Elite

I find myself getting on average 73fps in GTA V on high settings with some drops going below 60 and in some more desolate areas getting near 100 but i see benchmarks with nearly identicle specs running at consistent 144 which is what i want as i have a 144hz monitor.In other less taxing games like CSGO i get higher frames but the performance is patchy and stutters quite a lot on the lowest setting on stretched resolution. I have had the same HDD, SSD and power supply since i got the pc as a prebuild but everything else has been swapped out. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i have had the problem for a while but haven't ever seeked help.

2 minutes ago, AdamK7 said:

Specs:
Ryzen 1600x
Gigabyte RTX 2060 6gb
1x16gb 2400mhz RAM
Aorus B450 Elite

I find myself getting on average 73fps in GTA V on high settings with some drops going below 60 and in some more desolate areas getting near 100 but i see benchmarks with nearly identicle specs running at consistent 144 which is what i want as i have a 144hz monitor.In other less taxing games like CSGO i get higher frames but the performance is patchy and stutters quite a lot on the lowest setting on stretched resolution. I have had the same HDD, SSD and power supply since i got the pc as a prebuild but everything else has been swapped out. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i have had the problem for a while but haven't ever seeked help.

I'm gonna blame the single channel low Mhz memory.

If I have my dual channel memory running at 2133Mhz on Ryzen 1000 I already get stutters, it would only be worse with single channel.

Get a set of 2x8GB 3000Mhz+ memory.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Have you went into the nvidia control panel and changed the default settings to prefer maximum performance?

Also make sure you are playing at the same resolution as the benchmark you are watching. I've made that mistake before...

Edit: also make sure you have the newest nvidia driver. I think minibios is probably right though. Check out this video.keep in mind most benchmarks also use 3600mhz ram with Ryzen as well.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x | MB: Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570 | Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600mhz CL16 @ 3800 CL16 | GPU: EVGA 2070 Super Black | Cooler: EVGA CLC 240 with Arctic P12 fans | PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 GA | Storage: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe SSD | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14 Redux, 4x Arctic P12 (including the 2 on rad) | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C with dark tint tempered glass | Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Lite | Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate | Monitor: 27" Samsung Odyssey G7 | Speakers: JVC SP-UX7000 in cherry | No RGB except the pump block is set to white. Motherboard lighting is OFF.