Is this hardware feasible for a home nas?

I have an old dell pc laying around and I was considering turning it into a home storage and file transfer nas. It has a core2 quad Q8200, 4gb ram, two 1tb hard drives, and integrated graphics. The motherboard is Dell M017G. I can upgrade to 8gb of ram if necessary, but is all of this enough? I was going to use freenas, but the minimum recommended requirements make me nervous.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

I know this probably isn't the recommended way to do things, but you could upgrade it to 8gb of ram, then install ubuntu server on it. Within that you can create a raid 1 (in case one hard drive fails unless you have a raid controller) or raid 0 if it's not that important, and then install samba on that installation. You could probably get away doing the same installing something like Debian. Mostly cli but on those specs running something heavy like freenas is kind of hard.

FreeNAS has a lot of useful NAS specific functions, but you can also just slap any OS on the thing and configure it as a NAS, you don't need a NAS specific OS.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11