Problem with my graphics card

Sklomp

I currently have an GT520 in my system that is running way slower then they benchmark it in the reviews.

I'm sure it isn't bottlenecked by the rest of the rig becease that is an i7-2600 and 6GB of ram on an h61 chipset.

Updating the drivers doesn't help. It stays bad, even sometimes have some lag in 1080p youtube wich is really bad.

If you guys are wondering why i have that card, my parents bought me this HP pc and it still has 2 monts warrenty so i'm not allowed to replace the 300w psu to put in a Zotac 660ti (atleast that is what i'm planning, zotac because it is the shortest one and i have not that much space)

MSI GT70-One-899NL | i7-3630QM | Nvidia GTX675MX | 12GB 1600mhz ddr3 | 128gb mSata ssd | 1TB hdd | 17.3 Full HD non-glare | Killer E2200 

get a new card. a 520 is crap. go for a 7870 or a 660ti or wait for amd 8000 series. or you can go for a gtx 650/ti

@Ryanshimia, he can't get those cards because he only has a 300W power supply.

@Sklomp, just wait till that 2 month warranty ends and then do all those upgrades :)

I was planning to upgrade to an cx 430 and the 660ti. I am happy that i found out that i can knock one pci cover out the case otherwise i could only place a single slot. But nobody has an idea what might be wrong?

MSI GT70-One-899NL | i7-3630QM | Nvidia GTX675MX | 12GB 1600mhz ddr3 | 128gb mSata ssd | 1TB hdd | 17.3 Full HD non-glare | Killer E2200 

I would suggest the CX600 which would be enough. Have you tried updating your flash player and your browser? And does it happen in other browsers?

I tried using the latest flash an the html version of YouTube.it also appears in Firefox (dd is chrome) it also appears with silverlight.

I guess the 600w is.overkil but I'm not sure. I am on a size limit of 140mm long because of the case

You could run at 500W if it is a high quality power supply. What is the CPU usage when your play the videos?

I'm not sure but it is really low. I once checked and it was about 10% on one thread (have 8)

I know it is a silly question, but do you have it in any PCIe slot with a speed lower than 8x? What is the specific model of the motherboard and graphics card?

Is it just me or is a 2600 and then a 520 a really weird combination?

oh, pre-build PC's...

But doesn't the 2600 have a HD3000 inside? And since it's an H-type chipset shouldn't you be able to use that one?

Try clearing all your browsing data including the cache and see if that helps your problem. The 520 isn't very good but you shouldn't be lagging in youtube videos. Also the cx430 will be more than enough power for a 660ti.

If you take the pc to a registered technician they can sometimes perform installation upgrades such as fitting a new power supply etc and notify the original retailer or manufacturer that the system was bought from without voiding the warranty.

I know it is a silly question, but do you have it in any PCIe slot with a speed lower than 8x? What is the specific model of the motherboard and graphics card?
The motherboard is an unknown one by HP and the 520 an generic one

Is it just me or is a 2600 and then a 520 a really weird combination?

oh, pre-build PC's...

But doesn't the 2600 have a HD3000 inside? And since it's an H-type chipset shouldn't you be able to use that one?

It has the 2000 graphics so the 520 should have been faster. HP fitted some covers on the connections on the motherboard for the onboard graphics but disabled it in the bios a and is of when using the 520

Try clearing all your browsing data including the cache and see if that helps your problem. The 520 isn't very good but you shouldn't be lagging in youtube videos. Also the cx430 will be more than enough power for a 660ti.
It acts up on random moments, even in different browsers. It also was there when i did an fresh instal of windows 8. The weird part is that on that moments rendering is quicker (tried with benchmark)

I would either say it is that your graphics card is faulty or one of your memory modules is faulty. Have you tried testing memory stability? There is a guide for testing stability on the Linus Tech Tips forums here: http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/news-reviews-article-guides/guides-and-tutorials/28641-guidelines-for-thoroughly-testing-system-stability

The only other thing I can come up with is that the power supply doesn't provide enough power for your machine. Has this problem been happening since you got the machine?

The lagging in youtube has started recently, after about a month running windows 8. The other problems were from day one that i got this pc from my parents. I thought that is just was because it was an gt520, but i found out that i should run alot higher fps in games (some 20+) and it suddenly started lagging