How can i test RTX voice?

BaidDSB

So i tried to test it on my default WIndows voice recorder and it did nothing. But Alex's video is went so great.

How do i test it?

The built in recorder may not allow you to select sources. Audacity is probably your best bet as it's free and fairly simple.

"Kieran just stole my girl!" - No-one

Discord: Kdog#7258

Voice recorder worked fine for me, just ensure RTX Voice is enabled and set to your default device.

11 minutes ago, Kdog said:

The built in recorder may not allow you to select sources. Audacity is probably your best bet as it's free and fairly simple.

Windows 10 actually allows you to set per-app settings for what input- and output-device they use in the Settings-app.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Anyone here tried recording with it using OSB? I found the voice quality drops to much using an yeti mic and 970 asus strix. Sound is muffeled and muddy, but ticking RTX voice off on OBS you can go back and forth, and RTX off is much better for me, but ofc more background noise if I was using my keyboard etc.

19 minutes ago, Djuntas said:

Anyone here tried recording with it using OSB? I found the voice quality drops to much using an yeti mic and 970 asus strix. Sound is muffeled and muddy, but ticking RTX voice off on OBS you can go back and forth, and RTX off is much better for me, but ofc more background noise if I was using my keyboard etc.

To be fair, you're using an unsupported graphics card by two full generations so I'd expect the performance of it to suffer quite a bit. I just tested it out with OBS and got essentially identical results to Pro Tools and Adobe Audition so I'm guessing that your issues are unfortunately down to the card you're using. 

14 minutes ago, Kdog said:

To be fair, you're using an unsupported graphics card by two full generations so I'd expect the performance of it to suffer quite a bit. I just tested it out with OBS and got essentially identical results to Pro Tools and Adobe Audition so I'm guessing that your issues are unfortunately down to the card you're using. 

Yea I think that as well :D Its fair man! But damn it works - Even for gut damn laugh tracks in videos you watch...Im not kidding! Try look up "wind sound" on youtube...everything is muted. Pick RTX voice as speaker in default devices...This is hilarious. 

3 minutes ago, Djuntas said:

Yea I think that as well :D Its fair man! But damn it works - Even for gut damn laugh tracks in videos you watch...Im not kidding! Try look up "wind sound" on youtube...everything is muted. Pick RTX voice as speaker in default devices...This is hilarious. 

Oh yeah, I'm super impressed how well it works. I tried slowly mixing pink noise into my vocal track just to see the point it became overwhelmed and honestly it took a lot more abuse than I expected.