Need help with nvidia 6150 LE gpu

Fifolo

I have a very old windows vista computer. Specs: Intel pentium e2140 cpu, intel graphics accelerator 950 gpu, 320 gb hd, 1gb ram. I got a second very old computer. I decided to mix the two together, and build the best pc I could. I bought a cheap ssd, and installed windows 10 on my new (old) rig. Specs: amd athlon 64 x2 cpu, nvidia geforce 6150 LE gpu, 120 gb ssd + 320gb hd, 2gb ram. (I know it still sucks, but it's what i've got.)

Here's the problem. For some reason, even though my new gpu is supposed to be a little better than the old one, it performs like shit. The same (very old) games like blackhawk striker 2 that ran on my old rig are unbearable on my new machine. I tried to run age of empires 2, and i'm missing some directdraw thing. After I installed it, I still got the same problem (maybe I didn't install it right?) I installed the correct driver (I'm 99% sure), and browsed the web for hours, finding no help. I did the basic things, like reinstalling the driver and restarting my pc, still no luck. I turn to you, ltt forums as my last resort. Hopefully someone can help me out. 

Thanks,

Wojciech

Are you trying to play these games on Windows 10? it's likely some of your hardware doesn't have a proper driver for Windows 10, you'd probably be better off going back to Windows XP or Windows 7

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

52 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

Are you trying to play these games on Windows 10? it's likely some of your hardware doesn't have a proper driver for Windows 10, you'd probably be better off going back to Windows XP or Windows 7

I think that's the most likely cause

1 hour ago, Ed Swayzy said:

There may be significant bottlenecking happening here, plug in your gpu and cpu models here, https://pc-builds.com/calculator/

and see what the results say about the combo

My hardware is too old, it doesn't show up lol. But I know I don't have a bottleneck, because i ran the same games on a worse gpu, cpu and less ram.