I Need a New GPU...

Millsy_
1 minute ago, Millsy_ said:

Don't worry, please read the above lol

alright! make sure its a 2070 super becasue the 2070 and the super cost about the same but the super has a better performance

stuff is cool. stuff that has fancy lighting is cooler. stuff that has fancy lighting and works is the coolest.

i game so i know a bit abt gaming tech, not much abt professional tech.

writing this as i finish a 3 hour D2 sesh so excuse anything wrong.

Just now, ketchupspill said:

alright! make sure its a 2070 super becasue the 2070 and the super cost about the same but the super has a better performance

Is it true the "Super" Series is what the original RTX series was actually meant to be like before Nvidia realised they did a bad job? 

Basically Linus 2.0 at This Point - https://imgur.com/a/dD7AerE

28 minutes ago, Millsy_ said:

Is it true the "Super" Series is what the original RTX series was actually meant to be like before Nvidia realised they did a bad job? 

Nvidia does two things.. 

1) sandbagging 

2) price gouging

Nvidia's strategy because they have no competition in the flagship department which is a huge marketing booster (even if you wont buy a flagship you will tent to buy a product from the company that has the fastest GPU ) is to overprice as much as possible giving you as little as possible in return since you gonna buy it anyway

So they try to burn your money as much as possible

AMD brought competition in the entry-mid level GPUs so they decided to bring "super" versions to even the scale (if you can call it evening the scale since they are overpriced anyway e.g the RTX 2070 super doesnt beat by much the RX 5700 XT and even is slower by little in some games but at the end of the day the masses are going to remember that its faster card.. ignoring the fact that it is more than 100 pounds more expensive than the rx 5700 xt for a minuscule bump in FPS... )

If AMD hadnt come with the 5xxx series Nvidia would never introduce the "super" versions no matter if they could (as its apparent now) and would just be as happy charging the same pricetags that nowadays supers have for their non super versions... 

the most probable strategy in that scenario would be that they would  sandbag the nowadays known "super" versions and introduce them in the entry to mid level 3000 series leaving the what should have been the "real" mid level 3000 series as the flagship 3000 and the "real" flagship 3000 chip would have been sandbaged as a mid level 4000 chip several years after

I dont like such companies they see us as stupid peasants that will pay them anyway and dont treat us consumers with respect that's why I try to avoid supporting them by buying their products. 

44 minutes ago, Millsy_ said:

they didnt do a bad job. they did  a good job, then cut the results.

if i remember right, the super and normal card is the same card, actually. the normal has had some cores locked, and given less VRAM in its structure, but otherwise its literally the same card, which is probably why NVidia sells the cards at the same price.

and then you have the Ti. this is actually a different card nvidia did ok on, but its extremely expensive lol

but to answer your question, yes and no.

stuff is cool. stuff that has fancy lighting is cooler. stuff that has fancy lighting and works is the coolest.

29 minutes ago, papajo said:

Nvidia does two things.. 

1) sandbagging 

2) price gouging

Nvidia's strategy because they have no competition in the flagship department which is a huge marketing booster (even if you wont buy a flagship you will tent to buy a product from the company that has the fastest GPU ) is to overprice as much as possible giving you as little as possible in return since you gonna buy it anyway

So they try to burn your money as much as possible

AMD brought competition in the entry-mid level GPUs so they decided to bring "super" versions to even the scale (if you can call it evening the scale since they are overpriced anyway e.g the RTX 2070 super doesnt beat by much the RX 5700 XT and even is slower by little in some games but at the end of the day the masses are going to remember that its faster card.. ignoring the fact that it is more than 100 pounds more expensive than the rx 5700 xt for a minuscule bump in FPS... )

If AMD hadnt come with the 5xxx series Nvidia would never introduce the "super" versions no matter if they could (as its apparent now) and would just be as happy charging the same pricetags that nowadays supers have for their non super versions... 

the most probable strategy in that scenario would be that they would  sandbag the nowadays known "super" versions and introduce them in the entry to mid level 3000 series leaving the what should have been the "real" mid level 3000 series as the flagship 3000 and the "real" flagship 3000 chip would have been sandbaged as a mid level 4000 chip several years after

I dont like such companies they see us as stupid peasants that will pay them anyway and dont treat us consumers with respect that's why I try to avoid supporting them by buying their products. 

that is true lol. AMD is pretty much the god of mid-level consumer cards, so when they finally released another heavy hitter after the Radeon VII NVidia didnt have much of  choice, so they had to release the unlocked version of the 20 series cards which they named supers(when really its just a 20 series card with some more cores) and even then they pushed the price lol

however i am planning on getting a 2070 super instead of a 5700xt just because :/