Toxicity in games

ketchupspill

what's the most toxic experience you had in a game?

for me it was r6 a couple days ago for sure. casual match, suddenly one person is getting votekicked, i vote no, and then a guy on my team tks me next round and says to report me because i started the votekick, when i didnt. 

sooo uhhhh.

share your stories maybe?

stuff is cool. stuff that has fancy lighting is cooler. stuff that has fancy lighting and works is the coolest.

i game so i know a bit abt gaming tech, not much abt professional tech.

writing this as i finish a 3 hour D2 sesh so excuse anything wrong.

got accused of cheating when I rekt a bastion while playing tracer. and again when I rekt a soldier with tracer. 

my experience of overwatch is that because tracer is hated as it is, when you are really good with her you get accused of cheating for either playing well or being able to aim and blink fast enough to hit people when they haven't even seen you yet. 

She/Her

1 minute ago, Twilight said:

got accused of cheating when I rekt a bastion while playing tracer. and again when I rekt a soldier with tracer. 

my experience of overwatch is that because tracer is hated as it is, when you are really good with her you get accused of cheating for either playing well or being able to aim and blink fast enough to hit people when they haven't even seen you yet. 

yeah lol. somestimes going fast makes other people think youre cheating which sucks

stuff is cool. stuff that has fancy lighting is cooler. stuff that has fancy lighting and works is the coolest.

5 minutes ago, ketchupspill said:

for me it was r6 a couple days ago for sure. casual match, suddenly one person is getting votekicked, i vote no, and then a guy on my team tks me next round and says to report me because i started the votekick, when i didnt. 

sooo uhhhh.

I just generally hate CSGO casual without prime. Its pretty much a cesspool of hackers, smurfs and 4-year-old with terrible mics

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

Just now, ketchupspill said:

yeah lol. somestimes going fast makes other people think youre cheating which sucks

or just having fast reflexes. I can aim, fire and hit people when I play tracer before they even aim at me, and I play on US servers from Europe, so always 120ms ping. 

She/Her

1 minute ago, WambleCropped said:

I just generally hate CSGO casual without prime. Its pretty much a cesspool of hackers, smurfs and 4-year-old with terrible mics

omg thats hilarious lol i play cs on nonprime but i havent run into that yet

2 minutes ago, Twilight said:

or just having fast reflexes. I can aim, fire and hit people when I play tracer before they even aim at me, and I play on US servers from Europe, so always 120ms ping. 

oh wow how do yu play on 120 ping?

1 minute ago, ketchupspill said:

oh wow how do yu play on 120 ping?

I just... play. lmao. I always have that ping, so I start to compensate for it kinda. when I wait behind a wall and I can see with infra-sight that someone is coming for me I aim where their head will be and press the button a fraction of a second before they appear from behind the wall. instant headshot. I never realised these techniques until now that I thought about it lol. it just happened naturally. I'm level 323 or something in Overwatch and 70% of that was playing on USA servers. 

She/Her

2 minutes ago, Twilight said:

I just... play. lmao. I always have that ping, so I start to compensate for it kinda. when I wait behind a wall and I can see with infra-sight that someone is coming for me I aim where their head will be and press the button a fraction of a second before they appear from behind the wall. instant headshot. I never realised these techniques until now that I thought about it lol. it just happened naturally. I'm level 323 or something in Overwatch and 70% of that was playing on USA servers. 

oof lol. thats pretty sick. id probs never be able to do that

oof lol. thats pretty sick. id probs never be able to do that

well, when I play games I kinda get into a groove. I just sit there for hours with no sense of time. usually I start playing at like 10PM and then just play until 3AM... 

also I'm not a pro lol. I got to silver once, but ever since then I only get matched with shit teammates and always lose in comp so I gave up. and yes I blame the game, because when I sit there for hours, lose most matches but have 4 gold medals everytime as tracer it sucks that it doesn't reward you for it, so I now just do quick play lol. 

She/Her

Just now, Twilight said:

well, when I play games I kinda get into a groove. I just sit there for hours with no sense of time. usually I start playing at like 10PM and then just play until 3AM... 

also I'm not a pro lol. I got to silver once, but ever since then I only get matched with shit teammates and always lose in comp so I gave up. and yes I blame the game, because when I sit there for hours, lose most matches but have 4 gold medals everytime as tracer it sucks that it doesn't reward you for it, so I now just do quick play lol. 

dang yeah. i kinda have the same experience in rainbow 6 but a little backwards

so i can do pretty good in casual (mvp with lik 5-6 kills)

but when i play ranked i dropped from silver all the way to copper 1 which is not good at all lol

ive been playing too much siege haha

dang yeah. i kinda have the same experience in rainbow 6 but a little backwards

so i can do pretty good in casual (mvp with lik 5-6 kills)

but when i play ranked i dropped from silver all the way to copper 1 which is not good at all lol

ive been playing too much siege haha

casual is fine for me, in comp I play super well but my teammates always suck... so I lose anyway. 

She/Her

Plague Inc /s

Or city skylines in that matter

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Uhh, most toxic...

Probably some kid in For Honor using an open mic (keep in mind, on my team). Claimed he was rich and one of the best players in the game, and that i was trash, getting carried, ect... Then out of nowhere pulled out a race card and said "you're probably a n**** the way you play". Im mixed, and told him that. He responded with "I hate n***" and continued calling me that word and telling me how much he hated them. Just kept my cool and replied to him in text chat whenever i could without affecting my team.

He was playing like trash as well... think he managed to go 1-10 or something stupid. The mode i was playing has games that normally last under 10 minutes and has a 20-ish second respawn delay. You can do the math as to how incompetent he was. I played a flawless game, and ended up with the best score on my team 😛

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

It was my 1st battle of the day in World of Tanks and the ping was high enough for me having a LAGGY battle that I barely control my tank, hit the walls, excessive turnings and all, and there was one of the early destroyed team mate still in spectator mode who apparently watching me and shouted all the elitist words at me and "you noob, cant even drive the tank! Delete the game!". I tried to counter him "this is my 1st battle of the day and didnt expect my ping this bad. Yeah my ping makes me a noob. Stop cry, kid!" And he shut off.

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15

17 minutes ago, SenKa said:

Uhh, most toxic...

Probably some kid in For Honor using an open mic (keep in mind, on my team). Claimed he was rich and one of the best players in the game, and that i was trash, getting carried, ect... Then out of nowhere pulled out a race card and said "you're probably a n**** the way you play". Im mixed, and told him that. He responded with "I hate n***" and continued calling me that word and telling me how much he hated them. Just kept my cool and replied to him in text chat whenever i could without affecting my team.

He was playing like trash as well... think he managed to go 1-10 or something stupid. The mode i was playing has games that normally last under 10 minutes and has a 20-ish second respawn delay. You can do the math as to how incompetent he was. I played a flawless game, and ended up with the best score on my team 😛

When someone is being that toxic it almost feels like they're trolling you, some people can behave so terribly it's surreal; Topping the leader board is definitely the best and cleanest revenge though

18 minutes ago, Arrogath said:

When someone is being that toxic it almost feels like they're trolling you, some people can behave so terribly it's surreal; Topping the leader board is definitely the best and cleanest revenge though

Yeah, didnt bug me much at all and clearly didnt bother how i played one bit. He ended up leaving a couple seconds before the game even ended.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

I've had many, many, many shitty salty matches of Team Fortress 2, but one of the more noteworthy ones was a time where a team was extremely salty after they won. Trust me, I couldn't tell ya why. Probably mad because the rest of their life failed?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

i had this one match in Paladins where there was this one player. At the end of the match he spammed his twitch. Alright nothing wrong with that. So just for the heck of it I decided to listen to it. Meanwhile I started another match. It just so happens I end up with this person again, but they're on the other team. I destroy them match goes 4-0. Next match same thing happens and I get them in the same match again. Yet again I 4-0 them. At this time when I was playing the game I had not been climbing ranked. So I show up as an unranked player. This person whom I won like 2 games in a row was Grand Master (highest rank). Needless to say they were really salty, and went on a rant for nearly 20mins, about how I was cheating. Good stuff lol.

CPU | Ryzen 7 2700X MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX B450-F (not my proudest buy but it was on sale at the time) RAM3200mhz Trident Z 16GB GPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 CaseLian Li 011 Air Storage500GB NVME for boot, 1TB storage, x3 3TB in raid 5 for long term storage PSUThermaltake Toughpower Grand Display(s)240hz 1080p Asus display, 4k cheap display from korea Cooling | Enermax LIQFusion 240mm Keyboard(s) | White fox w/ NK Creams( lubed with 205g0) and DSA Nerd Keycaps
, Tofu (e-white) w/ Hako Royal Purples (lubed with 104g0) and GMK Olivia, TGR Alice w/ Nixies (lubed with 205g0), Switch Coulture Alice w/ C3 Tangerines (lubed with 205g0) waiting for DSA Magic Girl, HHKB Pro 2, Leopold FC660C MiceGlorious Model O, Zowie Divina EC1-B, Logitech MX Master

I've had few over the years. From competitive CoD4 to public servers in BF3/4 and now in Overwatch. The biggest issue, especially with OW, is that people tend to conduse toxicity to criticism. So in OW, if you don't know the game, there are characters/heros with different skills and leading them to be useful for the team in different ways. Calling someone to switch is normal, and falls to criticism (mostly they aren't doing enough for the team). It goes to toxic when name calling, stats comparing etc. starts.

I've had several issues. Two come to mind. We had 2 players queuing together (aka stacking). I think one was playing dps, other tank. They harassed one of teams supports constantly about not healing enough, how they should not play etc. I didn't see any issue with that player (to me it was the dps player overextending and not really performing). And told them to shut it, and support to continue. After which I was called toxic -> me making fun of their poor response to criticism and lack of self-awareness -> them claiming they report me -> that bullied support quiting match -> me reporting both of them for bad manners.

Second time, and this is worse. I don't usually get annoyed when playing, not about how others act anyway. Mainly its me not performing to my own standards, making mistakes etc. So one of our team was typing racists, homophobic and other discriminatory stuff in chat from the match start. I called them out on it in voice chat. Pretty much like

them: "oh that was good ulti... FOR A R-word" (to opposing team)

me: "Shut it, you aren't that much better player"

them: *goes afk in the middle of match*

This was on latter part of match. I pretty much knew from the way first round had gone that we weren't going to win anyway. So losing overall wouldn't have mattered. But this s-holes attitude after being called out was enrageing. I haven't pretty much touched OW ladder after that. (I'm also really busy with school and forum, so don't have time to sink in gaming).

Usually when people flame in chat, I reply in ways the ridicule what they are doing. Call me noob/hacker/sucking etc. -> "Thank love, you are special too" will be reply. Even if they aren't targetting me.

Back in BF3/4 public server times we were running 2-3 squads full of people from same TS server. Skill range being from me to top fraggers. All fun, we had running joke about me being bait and them hunting down my fraggers. Since the people in the group were usually on top of scoreboards, cue hacker accusations. To which I usually replied by telling them to learn to play instead of whining. I mean, if you play long enough, you can tell obvious hackers from those who are just better than you.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Impossible to count since i play online. Back in the 2000´s +- 2 Years. This wasnt an issue even close to today´s behaviour.

I got banned from CS Servers 1.0-1.6 countless times. I never cheated.

Since every 13 Year old "progamer" has a PC, the flaming became ridiculous.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

19 hours ago, ketchupspill said:

sooo uhhhh.

Pritty much any PvP game. Thats where the toxicity comes from for the most part, any time competition is involved things get toxic, hell even in PvE games where there may be a basic 'leaderboard' for something, like say Diablo 3, as soon as something comes up to do with it ,things can get toxic.

Even this comment can instill some conflict between those who very much love PvP, and those whom very much love PvE

That said, there are exceptions, for the most part MWO isnt that toxic in game.

In direct response to the question though, i'd say ..maybe Smite ... MOBAs in general are some of the worst offenders along with FPS pvp games.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Today when I was playing gta online I’m level 42 on Xbox trying to get a unique vehicle to spawn I’m in a street beater and this person level 282 comes up on the shatoro the fasted bike in the game and kills me  going tryhard sniper war moving like he’s on a mouse and key board. Note I did nothing to this guy. His Xbox tag is IGOTPRETTYHAIR