Corsair 200R Extra case fan placement

Chancey19

Hey everyone!

First time builder here.

I recently purchased parts for a new build. The 200r was highly recommended for the quality/price of it. It has 1x120mm fan in the front and 1x120mm fan in the back.

I bought 2x120mm Arctic F12 Silent (3pin) to add to my case but I'm not sure where to put them in order to optimize performance. The Corsair 200r has two available spots on top, two available spots on bottom and two available spots on the sidepanel. Also, I have a Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo CPU fan.

From my quick research, it seems that a rule of thumb is to fill TOP before BOTTOM or SIDE, so I'm thinking put one on top (Pushing Out) and one on side (Pushing Out)? Also, I'm not sure if this information is necessary but I have 2 cats and lots of carpet so hair will be present... I don't know why I'm sharing that since dust and hair will probably make its way inside my PC but maybe it changes things! 😅

I appreciate any help I can get! I'm here to learn!

Cheers!

I would put one in the top back as exhaust for excess heat and one bottom side as intake to blow at the GPU.

*Edit* I also have 2 cats and 3 dogs, just vacuum fans and the outside of the intakes on the case and blow out your system with air once in a while. Don't vacuum the inside components, static discharge chances are too high.

21 minutes ago, Demonic Donut said:

I would put one in the top back as exhaust for excess heat and one bottom side as intake to blow at the GPU.

*Edit* I also have 2 cats and 3 dogs, just vacuum fans and the outside of the intakes on the case and blow out your system with air once in a while. Don't vacuum the inside components, static discharge chances are too high.

Is this correct?

Small (1 of 10)11.jpg

I would populate the bottom spot to feed the GPU.  Use the back spot as intake to feed the CPU cooler.  And then an exhaust on top in the middle or front spot (closest to front of case).  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

12 minutes ago, Chancey19 said:

Is this correct?

Small (1 of 10)11.jpg

That's what I would do. Assuming intake at front and exhaust at rear with current fans, also make sure your CPU cooler is exhausted towards the back.

29 minutes ago, nick name said:

I would populate the bottom spot to feed the GPU.  Use the back spot as intake to feed the CPU cooler.  And then an exhaust on top in the middle or front spot (closest to front of case).  

Is it better for the back to be exhaust or intake? I am getting 2 versions, I just want to make sure I'm making it the most efficient.