Apple health monitoring headphones and earbuds

chitranjan

Apple has patented the health monitoring headphones and it can detect head gestures

source here

5_verge_super_wide.png

2_verge_super_wide.png

when can i just injected robots into my body?

hurry up people

a robot rusting up in my blood and then being broken and clogging my arteries is something that scares me

Well looks like no one else will be able to make ear buds with rounded edges anymore.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Pretty sure this stuff already exists. If id doesn't I have already seen it in some sci-fi film or something. Besides how is it even possible to patent something you haven't even made yet. It should be law to give evidence to a the patent organisation thingy that shows that the product you want to patent has been created by you already and that ti works. Otherwise you can go and screw yourself. I could patent a time machine if I wanted to and give a really vague description of what it looks like and then no one will be able to make one without my permission. Know isn't that really stupid. Although it has already probably been patented. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

It should be law to give evidence to a the patent organisation thingy that shows that the product you want to patent has been created by you already and that ti works. Otherwise you can go and screw yourself.

This is the case. You need to provide proof of concept.

a robot rusting up in my blood and then being broken and clogging my arteries is something that scares me

rusting? really?

Pretty sure this stuff already exists. If id doesn't I have already seen it in some sci-fi film or something. Besides how is it even possible to patent something you haven't even made yet. It should be law to give evidence to a the patent organisation thingy that shows that the product you want to patent has been created by you already and that ti works. Otherwise you can go and screw yourself. I could patent a time machine if I wanted to and give a really vague description of what it looks like and then no one will be able to make one without my permission. Know isn't that really stupid. Although it has already probably been patented. 

they have to prove they have the technology. thats how patents work xD

just curious have u even bothered to research how they work or read anything on it?

its basic patent laws right there

Worse than the bra that unties itself only when the woman's excited.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

This is the case. You need to provide proof of concept.

And what proof does Apple have that they can even make this thing real. Because I don't think they could or not very well at least. I hate the patent system for this very reason. It stifles competition because no one can improve on what this thing is.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

they have to prove they have the technology. thats how patents work xD

just curious have u even bothered to research how they work or read anything on it?

its basic patent laws right there

And where is the proof other than the really vague diagram of what the product could look like. They should have to prove that they have already made it is what I am trying to say. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

And where is the proof other than the really vague diagram of what the product could look like. They should have to prove that they have already made it is what I am trying to say. 

thats the public info NOT proof of concept

they didnt hand them this diagram and said patent this -_-

they arent going to show the tech cause they people can copy it

yes to get a patent they have to actually prove that the tech works unless its an intellectual patentin which case in theory it has to work, but even the theory has to be fairly concrete

thats the public info NOT proof of concept

they didnt hand them this diagram and said patent this -_-

they arent going to show the tech cause they people can copy it

yes to get a patent they have to actually prove that the tech works unless its an intellectual patentin which case in theory it has to work, but even the theory has to be fairly concrete

But when it comes out anyway the product will be copied anyway. I simply don't think Apple has even made this product. If I can't see this thing working on a video that is accurate then to me it doesn't exist. It's like saying a game is coming out next week even if it hasn't been announced yet. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

But when it comes out anyway the product will be copied anyway. I simply don't think Apple has even made this product. If I can't see this thing working on a video that is accurate then to me it doesn't exist. It's like saying a game is coming out next week even if it hasn't been announced yet. 

I don't think you get it, you NEED TO PROVIDE PROOF OF CONCEPT in order to obtain a patent, if you don't your patent application will not be accepted. It is that simple. The technology has existed for ages (although mainly applied in hospitals and the rest of the health sector), and there is absolutely no reason why Apple shouldn't have had this already when they filed the patent application in 2007.

I don't think you get it, you NEED TO PROVIDE PROOF OF CONCEPT in order to obtain a patent, if you don't your patent application will not be accepted. It is that simple. The technology has existed for ages (although mainly applied in hospitals and the rest of the health sector), and there is absolutely no reason why Apple shouldn't have had this already when they filed the patent application in 2007.

Well than the tech already existed if hospitals have it already. So how can Apple just slap it onto an earpiece and say we own this idea. Besides it's a stupid idea. Patents need to be really specific to a single idea and how they exactly work in every possible way. There needs to be the architecture specifics, what components they are using and everything. That way they can protect themselves more and it would protect others to. It would be like Intel patenting a really vague CPU architecture and saying AMD stole their architecture because the vague architecture was really similar to AMD's. Crap example but I hope you get the gist of it. Anyway what I was getting at is that the patent system needs to be reformed so it doesn't stifle innovation. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)