No Anti aliasing for Nintendo switch games?

Weedl

I wanna buy a Nintendo switch but i was informed that alot of games have no AA whatsoever, considering ive only used a PC for the last few years idk how ugly it is. Can someone tell me if there are alot of jagged edges and flickering?

Just now, Weedl said:

I wanna buy a Nintendo switch but i was informed that alot of games have no AA whatsoever, considering ive only used a PC for the last few years idk how ugly it is. Can someone tell me if there are alot of jagged edges and flickering?

Depends on the game.

I mostly played Smash Bros., which looks totally fine in 99% of the scenarios. I only really notice the lack of AA in dark on light contrast scenarios.

No flickering on my end, but I have not played all the games.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Currently playing animal crossing and it looks fine. There's definitely some spots that aren't AA'd as well but it's not taking me out of the game or anything.

No flickering on my end

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

It very much depends on how the developer handles the game's rendering. Most Nintendo games don't run with anti-aliasing, but I seriously can attest to most Nintendo games looking just fine with no AA whatsoever. It won't look nearly as bad as you expect, promise.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

As has been said, it depends on the game and the developer, From what I heard, games tend to look pretty crisp on such a small screen anyway. It's only once you play on the big screen that it becomes more noticeable.

But look at it this way, you can't get the exclusives anywhere else so what else are you going to do? Might as well just enjoy what you get. Graphics aren't everything. That said, I wouldn't play any game that is available on current gen consoles or PC. The Switch is just going to be an inferior experience, generally speaking. A lot of the PS3 and 360 ports look better though but then again, you don't get achievements and Nintendo's MP sucks so I would probably still skip them.

But frankly, there are so many great exclusives on the Switch that it is worth getting just for those alone.

I play my switch on a 65 inch high-def TV and don’t notice it at all. Most games that I play aren’t designed to look very realistic anyway, so the blockiness (is that even a word) isn’t very noticeable to me. I’ve never seen it flicker.

I've never seen flicker.   I play my Switch portably and docked all the time.  In portable mode... it's a 720p screen, it looks fine.  On my TV, it's a 58" 4K.  It looks okay there.  Nothing horrible, not the worst I've seen.  It's obviously not PC quality.  But the Nintendo exclusives at least, look good enough.  According to the box of my TV it has a built in upscaler.. it seems to be working some.  As games do seem to appear a little better than just stock 1080p.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.