Not Getting Enough FPS with GeForce RTX 2080

Hey y'all! I made this account specifically for help :( I play LoL which isn't the world's most intensive game by any means, and with my PC that I built a few months ago, I'm only getting 70 FPS and i have no clue as to why. I have V-SYNC off and my in-game FPS are not capped. I have my settings optimized w the GeForce application and I'm stuck on what to do... Please help me :(((((( Here are my specs!

Windows 10

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz

16384MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080

If you need any more details you're MORE than welcome to ask!!!! Thank you all so much in advance <3

What games and what resolution 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

The game was mentioned, LoL (League of Legends I suppose). But the resolution would indeed be pertinent in order to determine whether there actually is an issue or not.

There is no replacement for RGB except more RGB ?

2 hours ago, oeci said:

The game was mentioned, LoL (League of Legends I suppose). But the resolution would indeed be pertinent in order to determine whether there actually is an issue or not.

1920x1080!!

Are the latest drivers installed? Chipset driver, GPU driver... What about the Bios, is it also the latest version? Are you sure Vsync is not enabled in the Profile for LoL (Nvidia Control Panel)?

There is no replacement for RGB except more RGB ?

7 hours ago, thewill102 said:

How are your thermals looking?

Everything seems to be fine :(

3 hours ago, oeci said:

Are the latest drivers installed? Chipset driver, GPU driver... What about the Bios, is it also the latest version? Are you sure Vsync is not enabled in the Profile for LoL (Nvidia Control Panel)?

Vsync is off and I updated my GeForce drivers 2 days ago.

70fps LoL sounds like Intel UHD 630 graphics to me.

Is your display plugged into your GPU?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

37 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Yea that's probably what it is lol

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, Mister Woof said:

Yeah, my displayport cable is in my graphics card.

44 minutes ago, StephRosalina said:

Yeah, my displayport cable is in my graphics card.

whats your psu and what voltage do you have on your gpu? 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

also, what are your CPU clocks and GPU clocks while playing; also utilization

what other stuff are you doing on your system

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

35 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Oh yea and check if you have windows updates in the background

Build Log: 

On 4/13/2020 at 9:51 PM, StephRosalina said:

Hey y'all! I made this account specifically for help :( I play LoL which isn't the world's most intensive game by any means, and with my PC that I built a few months ago, I'm only getting 70 FPS and i have no clue as to why. I have V-SYNC off and my in-game FPS are not capped. I have my settings optimized w the GeForce application and I'm stuck on what to do... Please help me :(((((( Here are my specs!

Windows 10

16384MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080

If you need any more details you're MORE than welcome to ask!!!! Thank you all so much in advance ❤️

1.Do you use gpu oc software (afterburner, asus gpu tweak, or simmilar)? 

If so then double check no framecap / limiter is set by accident.

2. Is the 70fps a hard constant, or does it fluctuate around that (+ and/or minus >1 fps) ?

3. Does the fps increas/decrease if you turn settings down / up?

4. What is your monitor and what refreshrate is set (i know vsync is off, but nevertheless this could still be it knowing windows...).

5. Do you play full screen or windowed mode? ( i dont know LoL so not sure it has the option).

On 4/13/2020 at 3:51 PM, StephRosalina said:

Windows 10

16384MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080

If you need any more details you're MORE than welcome to ask!!!! Thank you all so much in advance ❤️

Have you tried any other games besides LOL to see how it’s doing in other titles ? 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

9 hours ago, Bartholomew said:

1.Do you use gpu oc software (afterburner, asus gpu tweak, or simmilar)? 

If so then double check no framecap / limiter is set by accident.

2. Is the 70fps a hard constant, or does it fluctuate around that (+ and/or minus >1 fps) ?

3. Does the fps increas/decrease if you turn settings down / up?

4. What is your monitor and what refreshrate is set (i know vsync is off, but nevertheless this could still be it knowing windows...).

5. Do you play full screen or windowed mode? ( i dont know LoL so not sure it has the option).

1. No!

2. It's been randomly fluctuating as I noticed today, it jumps between 60-70 fps to bursts or 144 then back down to 60-70.

3. No it doesn't, the fps regardless of the graphics is 60-70 fps.

4. I have the refreshrate set to 144hz, made sure of that the other day.

5. Full screen! :D

8 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Have you tried any other games besides LOL to see how it’s doing in other titles ? 

I've played Apex Legends but I don't know how to set up the fps counter, but it seems to be running nice and smooth.

10 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

Oh yea and check if you have windows updates in the background

Nope!

10 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

I don't play or do anything too intensive on my computer, the most intensive thing I regularly play is Apex. I'm attaching a pic. If you need any other screenshots I'm more than willing to supply!

Screenshot (6).png

2 minutes ago, StephRosalina said:

I've played Apex Legends but I don't know how to set up the fps counter, but it seems to be running nice and smooth.

You can use msi afterburner to see your fps in game. You can set it to show your cpu and gpu usage, temps and framerate

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

11 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

whats your psu and what voltage do you have on your gpu? 

My PSU is Seasonic Focus GX-750, 750W 80+ Gold and I don't know about the voltage, how would I check that?

Your psu should be fine. You've got a beefy pc, no reason for it not to be running games good. It's considerably better then mine and I have no issues playing games. Install afterburner so you can check your cpu and gpu usage.

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

8 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

You can use msi afterburner to see your fps in game. You can set it to show your cpu and gpu usage, temps and framerate

Update! Without installing I found a setting to turn on FPS counter. While in active movement, I have a minimum of 175 FPS... Starting to think the problem is with LoL :/

11 hours ago, StephRosalina said:

Update! Without installing I found a setting to turn on FPS counter. While in active movement, I have a minimum of 175 FPS... Starting to think the problem is with LoL :/

Yeah your computer is good, better then mine and at 1080p I don't have trouble playing anything other then AC odyssey at max settings

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x