Will this computer be good for gaming?

CapeTown

My friends brother helped me put this list togheter and i just wanna hear from someone who knows what they are talking about if this is good.

CPU: i5-9600k

CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

Memory: Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z390-P

Corsair Vengeance LPX Black

GPU: Asus RTX 2070 Super

Power Supply: Corsair RM650X V2

SSD: Kingston SSDNow A400

That looks like a pretty solid build. You might wanna consider getting more storage since games are getting huge these days. Also if you include some info on what kinda of resolution and FPS you are targeting we might be able to provide a more informed feedback. I assuming it's at least 16 of RAM and a 500 GB SSD.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

3 minutes ago, CapeTown said:

My friends brother helped me put this list togheter and i just wanna hear from someone who knows what they are talking about if this is good.

CPU: i5-9600k

CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

Memory: Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z390-P

Corsair Vengeance LPX Black

GPU: Asus RTX 2070 Super

Power Supply: Corsair RM650X V2

SSD: Kingston SSDNow A400

How much ram are you getting and i recommend getting a hdd or some sort of hard drive for your games and switching the cpu to amd instead maybe wait for gen 4, since amd is cheaper and what games are u gonna play?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

How much ram are you getting and i recommend getting a hdd or some sort of hard drive for your games and switching the cpu to amd instead maybe wait for gen 4, since amd is cheaper and what games are u gonna play?

im getting 16bg ram and already have a 1TB hard drive so i didn't include it in the list.

2 minutes ago, CapeTown said:

im getting 16bg ram and already have a 1TB hard drive so i didn't include it in the list.

okay good to know what type of ram like hz? but please answer my other questions

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Just now, Kanna said:

okay good to know what type of ram like hz?

i don't really know  what you mean with hz sorry, im not ery good at this stuff hehe.

Just now, CapeTown said:

i don't really know  what you mean with hz sorry, im not ery good at this stuff hehe.

ram speed to be noob friendly

Reminder⚠️

The 9600K is a waste of money. The 3600 is cheaper and beats it, the 3700 is more, no doubt, but it'll kick the pants off a 9600K and you'll probably save a few bucks on motherboard, but make sure you get at LEAST 3200mhz ram if you go with AMD.

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

ram speed to be noob friendly

I hope im right now but i think 3200 mhz

Just now, CapeTown said:

I hope im right now but i think 3200 mhz

Yeah, that will go great with an amd CPU but u can save little on the motherboard if u go amd just make sure the motherboard supports 3200 Hz ram. Maybe a 2070 super can be applied with the extra money

Reminder⚠️

The gpu is excellent.  The cpu is 6/6 which makes it weaker than a 3600x.  It will work.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The gpu is excellent.  The cpu is 6/6 which makes it weaker than a 3600x.  It will work.  

So in conclution the computer will work and run games nicely? 

Just now, CapeTown said:

Yes it would work be sure to post update when u have built one with changed parts

Reminder⚠️

4 minutes ago, CapeTown said:

The ps4 is 6/6.  The ps5 is not.  It will run games well until at least the new games designed for the new consoles come out.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

until at least the new games designed for the new consoles come out.

My solution is to be poor and don’t buy new games.

Im still Skyrimming in 2020

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

9 hours ago, CapeTown said:

No. You are better going with a Ryzen cpu. That 6c/6t will age fast. An R5 3600 and MSI B450-A PRO MAX or Tomahawk MAX is a better option. Then you have an upgrade path in the future. 

Arctic Freezer 34 esports duo is a better cooler if you can get one around the same price.

You could also go with a 5700XT to save some more money. Just make sure to get a good version like a Gigabyte Gaming OC, Sapphire Pulse/Nitro, Powercolor Red Dragon/Red Devil or MSI Gaming X etc.

15 hours ago, CapeTown said:

Older games.  6/6 is very close to obsolete.  It will work until it doesn’t.  Doesn’t seems pretty close now though.