I have a 970 msi gaming motherboard and wondering what is the best graphics card i could get

Alfredolabomba

I was wondering what graphics cards i could get for my pc to be vr ready.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

2080ti

How do i know ot is compatible?

Theres nothing stating gpu compatibility fixes in the boards bios update history so it should be compatible as any other nvidia gpu. Everything from the 900 series and up from nvidia seem to be similar in pci-e compatibility , in that if a 980 works then a 2080 will probably also work.

The motherboard should accept any pci-e x16 video card, including the latest from nvidia or amd.

Some old motherboards with bioses that weren't UEFI aware had issues with video cards that had uefi only firmware. I don't think your motherboard is so old as to have such ancient bios so any video card should work.

14 minutes ago, emosun said:

Theres nothing stating gpu compatibility fixes in the boards bios update history so it should be compatible as any other nvidia gpu. Everything from the 900 series and up from nvidia seem to be similar in pci-e compatibility , in that if a 980 works then a 2080 will probably also work.

I have a 970 and didnt know if i could upgrade it. What would you recommend?

Could get pretty much anything from nvidias 2000 series depending on budget. Don't know what cpu or ram you're using but even if you overbuy on the gpu then you can upgrade the board and cpu later and keep the gpu.

First of all to clarify something. Is this the motherboard you are refering to in the title -> https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/970-GAMING/Specification ?

If that's the case, then getting your system VR ready is not really possible as none of the CPUs available for that mobo would really be able to keep up with a modern GPU (in VR).