A Decent Pre-Built at a Decent Price

Even pulling similar parts on pcpartpicker, I couldn't beat the price. Decent deal while it lasts. RAM's only 3000MHz, but for anyone looking to just get a computer to game on really well at 1080p or even 1440p, this seems decent.

https://www.newegg.com/skytech-st-blaze-ii-0007-ne/p/N82E16883289042?Item=N82E16883289042&cm_sp=Homepage_SS-_-P0_83-289-042-_-04092020&quicklink=true

That's actually a fair price, but I'm assuming they skimped out on a few parts like the power supply and motherboard to achieve it. Here's a system that similar out of individual parts:

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

3 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

image.png.04d41f9bc187efa2ddb605eed4bd8bfa.png

I don't even know what this PSU is

From what I've gathered it's crap

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

Here's a system that similar out of individual parts

You left out so much.

15 minutes ago, Polemical said:

You left out so much.

Like what? The fans? Case comes with some as is

Even if they wanted more, they don't cost much

23 minutes ago, Polemical said:

You left out so much.

Like what? He even included a wireless adapter which is arguably not necessary as most should be hardwired anyways... 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

2 hours ago, Slottr said:

Like what? The fans? Case comes with some as is Even if they wanted more, they don't cost much

2 hours ago, Orangeator said:

Like what? He even included a wireless adapter which is arguably not necessary as most should be hardwired anyways... 

How do I do the markup? When I copy and paste the first PCPP markup icon, it doesn't show the graph. It shows numbers everywhere(unlike the graph you posted above).

4 minutes ago, Polemical said:

How do I do the markup? When I copy and paste the first PCPP markup icon, it doesn't show the graph. It shows numbers everywhere(unlike the graph you posted above).

Not sure I'm following ya

Just now, Slottr said:

Not sure I'm following ya

Your PCPP Part List above is in a markup graph. How did you post it here in that graph?

1 minute ago, Polemical said:

Your PCPP Part List above is in a markup graph. How did you post it here in that graph?

Via the permalink, after pasting that it should automatically embed

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

Via the permalink, after pasting that it should automatically embed

Got it. I don't know how to change the links so you'll have to click on them separately here. The titles and links in the permalink above will not direct you to the right place. The links below will. The prices and total above are definitely right though.

• GAMDIAS Kratos M1-550B Tough to find this but I did. Definitely the exact PSU. I wouldn't be so quick to judge it as trash, comes with a 10 year warranty on NewEgg... Gamdias Kratos M1-550B. The manufacturer website is actually pretty decent(I've seen a LOT worse).
  • Lexar NS100 512GB SSD Found out this is the exact SSD by reading a review from that original pre-built link above. Price is based off it's 480 GB model price from September 17th to September 29th on Adorama. It also sold for $64.99 from late December to Mid January on NewEgg. So if you go by the 512GB model linked here, it may have sold for a little extra.
  • upHere RGB 120mm Case Fan 3 Pack Definitely the RGB fans in this build. Look closely at the design in the pictures and match it to these. I priced them at what they used to sell for new. The link here shows their current used price.
  • Rii Keyboard Gaming Keyboard + Mouse Combo This one was the only component I could not match(of course). It shows in the build description that it comes with a gaming keyboard and mouse. I chose very wisely as to what to expect as I have bought and sold quite a few per-builts in my lifetime.

The RAM is the RAM in the picture. You can Google pictures to confirm that it is. It last sold for $67.99 on November 27th, 2019. So that's the price I set for it. It has sold for as low as $61.99 from August 16th to August 20th of 2019. I went with the closer price of how it would be priced today.

The GPU should be a perfect match. Not 100% on it but I am at 99%.

Also, of course you can choose similar specs but I'm showing as close to approximate value as I could. You also gotta remember, Windows 10 Home does come with this. Of course you could knock that off and use the unactivated version until you obtain a key however you wish. This is what you get though, an official Windows 10 Home. So I gotta put it in the price.

If I left anything out it's because I'm being rushed on a laptop at my second house trying to get back to my other house so I can have a little time to play some League.

EDIT: Of course I left something out. The case. It's not the exact case but what I did do is list something really close to it. Oh and the motherboard is definitely an exact match. The WiFi adapter is probably the same, the only other one on PCPP is around $25 that looks the same as it shows in the pictures.

Either way, this deal is an excellent deal imo. You're pretty much paying the same price building it yourself and using the unactivated version of Windows. NewEgg did a good job here and it shows with how much time this deal has lasted. What, half a day to have gotten it?

The only thing they really skimped out on is the SSD. It's pretty low/decent on read and write speeds but it has no DRAM cache. It being TLC and having dual cores is always "good". It uses the same Marvell 88NV1120 controller as the HP S600(used in this similar SkyTech lower spec Walmart build) and the Hyundai Sapphire, which is probably on par with the WD Blue SSD as it uses the Marvell 88SS1074 controller. The most noticeable difference is probably the fact that the WD Blue does indeed have DRAM cache.

Good value until that 'Kratos' power supply burns down your house and kills you

Granted it's what Kratos would do