Asus Claymore Keyboard Keycap replacement

N1mp

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you can help me out. I have a Asus Claymore Keyboard and one of the CTRL keycaps broke (i.e. the cross inside the keycap that attaches to the switch). The switch itself it's working and I moved the Right CTRL keycap to the left side of the keyboard as I use that one more often (programming + gaming), but now I'm left with a key without a keycap on the right hand side of the keyboard.

I have contacted Asus and the retailer I bought it from. Asus said they don't sell / have spare keycaps anywhere for the keyboard (which is ridiculous!) so they suggested to RMA the keyboard with the retailer, but unfortunately the warranty ran out last November.

The retailer said they would contact Asus to find out what to do, but I realise they might not be able to do much about it and now I have a crooked £200 keyboard! Everything else works and the key (switch) works, but it's rather annoying.

Do you know if there are any keycaps that I could buy and are compatible with the keyboard? The retailer couldn't recommend any!

Thank you so much!

Claymore has standard bottom row, so you can pretty much get whatever keycaps you like. No need for any special sets or anything. Many people like pudding caps, maybe you do too : https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Double-Shot-PBT-Keycaps/dp/B07JDVG4RQ

Also you can get just the modifiers caps, not sure if you can get only ctrl, maybe. I would just get good pbt caps set, nice upgrade from your current caps.

1 hour ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Claymore has standard bottom row, so you can pretty much get whatever keycaps you like. No need for any special sets or anything. Many people like pudding caps, maybe you do too : https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Double-Shot-PBT-Keycaps/dp/B07JDVG4RQ

Also you can get just the modifiers caps, not sure if you can get only ctrl, maybe. I would just get good pbt caps set, nice upgrade from your current caps.

Nice! Thank you so much!

I was looking at those exact keycaps from HyperX, there's another set from Ducky too. I was wondering if they would be compatible, the support guy from the retailer did not mentioned them when I asked if there were any keycaps I could buy!

I was looking at these ones too: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ducky-pbt-backlit-keycaps-for-cherry-mx-switches-uk-iso-qwerty-black-kb-23m-dk.html

I guess that they would be compatible as well? I don't mind buying a whole set, I'm sure that eventually other keycaps will go as well as I use the keyboard quite a lot for work and gaming.

Happy to help.

7 minutes ago, N1mp said:

was looking at these ones too: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ducky-pbt-backlit-keycaps-for-cherry-mx-switches-uk-iso-qwerty-black-kb-23m-dk.html

I guess that they would be compatible as well?

These are compatible also, quality wise they are pretty much the same in case you were wondering.

• 2 months later...

I have Asus Claymore Keyboard as well and searching for the original key caps in order to replace 7 of them and convert my UK layout to an international one. Unfortunately, my retailer also told me that he can not find any original key caps which I find more than ridiculous for a 250euro keyboard. Not to mention that ASUS sells Gaming Keycap Set - Textured Side-Lit Design for FPS & MOBA Gaming that means they can help users like us to replace the keycaps we need. If anyone finds a solution on this please let me know!

7 minutes ago, VasileiosZ said:

I have Asus Claymore Keyboard as well and searching for the original key caps in order to replace 7 of them and convert my UK layout to an international one. Unfortunately, my retailer also told me that he can not find any original key caps which I find more than ridiculous for a 250euro keyboard. Not to mention that ASUS sells Gaming Keycap Set - Textured Side-Lit Design for FPS & MOBA Gaming that means they can help users like us to replace the keycaps we need. If anyone finds a solution on this please let me know!

As has already been mentioned in this thread, you can use pretty much any standard keycap set on the keyboard. I don't see what the issue is.

I also don't see why you would want to replace them with ones similar to the ones that come with the keyboard, as they are super low quality, laser etched ABS keycaps.

:)

Thank you Seaon123 for your reply. The main reason I am looking for some replacement key caps is that I want to "convert" my current UK keyboard layout to a US-International without having to replace all of the key caps. So this is the reason I am searching for the exact key caps series that my keyboard came with.