Workstations/pcs that support a single Xeon E5 2600 v3 series CPU?

I'm planning for my next build. 

Looks like Lenovo, HP and dell all make workstations that will support these chips. I'm just curious if there is anything else out there I should be looking for. 

I just wanted to test the waters and see if anyone here from the forum has other suggestions. 

Only needs to be a single processor variant, because the CPU I've chosen is about $550 (and that would mean over 1K for the CPUs alone), but to it's credit, this CPU gives me more cores and threads than a 3950X. Less efficient cores, but more cores nevertheless.  

You may also take a wild guess as to which v3 CPU I've chosen for this build. If you run the numbers, the answer should be pretty clear. 

Hardware and Overclocking Enthusiast

3 minutes ago, Likwid said:

Even if you get best v4 cpu if will still be 2x slower then ryzen 3950x in cpubench

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/AMD-Ryzen-9-3950X-vs-Intel-Xeon-E5-2699-v4/3598vs2753

Thanks, but I'm not worried about synthetic benchmarks, I just wanted to do something a bit different with this because I have my mind set on a specific CPU from the e5 2600 v3 family. 

29 minutes ago, Storm-Chaser said:

You may also take a wild guess as to which v3 CPU I've chosen for this build. If you run the numbers, the answer should be pretty clear. 

This ain't a game show. If you want help, tell us details. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

You need a motherboard with LGA2011-3 socket and C612 chipset. X99 motherboards might also work with Xeon E5-16xx v3 and E5-26xx v3 CPUs, but double-check the motherboard supported CPU list first. If you want to use ECC RAM, the motherboard has to support it too.

As mentioned above, the v3 and v4 generation Xeons are quite bad value (and old), unless you get a great deal on eBay or similar, compared to Ryzen. But of course, feature set might be different if you are planning for some very Intel-specific workload.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

17 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

This ain't a game show. If you want help, tell us details. 

I'm eyeing the E5-2696 v3 for a couple reasons... first it has a 3.8GHz turbo and second there is a turbo hack for it. It's essentially identical to the E5-2699 v3 except with higher turbo. 

Third, it's an OEM processor. This MAY indicate better binning and less heat. Not that the binning is going to come into play here, but I should be able to at least get a 3.4GHz all core turbo hack if I play my cards right. I've had good luck with OEM xeon CPUs in the past, such as the 2696 v2, which I am using right now. For example, that CPU has a 100MHz higher all core turbo than Intel's flagship/most powerful CPU for Xeon v2 family, the 2697... And it seems to spend a whole lot more time (as I call it: "dwell time") above 3.3GHz. Of course I do have very good liquid cooling on this rig, so that also may be a factor in why it seems to have a much more aggressive turbo than some of the other v2 CPUs that I've used.