GSP 670 won't turn off and microphone not working

Go to solution Solved by Razormadness,

It randomly started working again, I have no idea why, this is so bizarre.

19 minutes ago, sillydolphin1 said:

If there are problems like this happening for no reason then if you can try get them to replace it that would be the best option but if they can't replace it and you want to keep the headset try get someone to fix it.

I agree, going to have the ticket open to see if I can get it replaced

Hey all,

Bit of a weird and very frustrating one, my microphone was working all day today, I was talking to people and while I was gaming on discord, suddenly now at night, the mic stops working and I can't turn the headset off.

I've turned the volume adjuster all the way down and instead of turning off, I still hear out of it but at a really low volume.

The microphone while it's down, doesn't detect any sound out of it either.

Troubleshooting steps I've tried below:

• Reinstalling drivers
  • Reinstalling Sennheiser gaming software
  • Checked privacy settings on windows to make sure they are on
  • Uninstalled any other software that may (to the best of my knowledge) have permission to the microphone
  • Tried muting/unmutting from windows sound control panel
  • Tried muting/unmuting from the Sennheiser gaming software

I've submitted a ticket with Sennheiser warranty (I live in Australia and bought directly from them) to see if I can get an RMA, I've already had annoying issues with this headset with static and distance (story for another time), any help you awesome peeps can provide please let me know

If there are problems like this happening for no reason then if you can try get them to replace it that would be the best option but if they can't replace it and you want to keep the headset try get someone to fix it.

19 minutes ago, sillydolphin1 said:

1 minute ago, Razormadness said:

Ok awesome hope it stays fine or you get a new one.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have the exact same problem now. The headset just won't turn off and the mic isn't muted when flipped upwards. Did you manage to fix it? 

• 4 months later...

Hey guys 

i tryed so hard to find the solution in every where but in the end i open my headset and i take the battery off and back it again and every thing back well 

Holy shit I forgot about this thread, apologies all.

I still haven't managed to get this fixed, I do know the cause of the issue, turn your headset off before charging it. Apparently for some stupid fucking reason the headset shits itself when it's on and you charge it.

I'm hesitant to send to warranty since I'm based in Australia warranty can take up to a month at least so it looks like I'll probably be buying an external mix and using that until this headset dies or I throw it against the wall.

Do0m has the bestt solution, taking the batttery out then back in is the best option since this piece of shit headset doesn't have a traditional on/off switch. Teardown of the GSP 670 below.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14608/the-sennheiser-gsp670-wireless-gaming-headset-review/2

Another way I found, in the EPOS software (they changed it from their own), put the autosleep on, have the headset off and wait a few minutes, the headset will automatically disconnected and you can reconnect again after.

• 2 weeks later...

Just experienced this issue, I've had the headset for an year and this was the first time this happens. Luckily I found a solution right away. Got it fixed by plugging in the charging cable and turning off the PC, while the PC was turned off I unplugged the cable, after that the headset worked normally. Luckily I had noticed earlier how the headset behaves when it's plugged in; it doesn't turn off if the volume dial is turned all the way down and sounds can be still heard. So apparently there is a chance for the headset to glitch in to a state where it thinks that the headset is still plugged in with the cable and goes borked. Hopefully this trick works for others as well.

• 1 year later...
On 12/13/2020 at 2:03 PM, ekyxor said:

Just experienced this issue, I've had the headset for an year and this was the first time this happens. Luckily I found a solution right away. Got it fixed by plugging in the charging cable and turning off the PC, while the PC was turned off I unplugged the cable, after that the headset worked normally. Luckily I had noticed earlier how the headset behaves when it's plugged in; it doesn't turn off if the volume dial is turned all the way down and sounds can be still heard. So apparently there is a chance for the headset to glitch in to a state where it thinks that the headset is still plugged in with the cable and goes borked. Hopefully this trick works for others as well.

I solved it the same way, but I didn't turn off my pc. I only had the headset turned off and then by plugging in the charging cable and unplugging the cable the problem was fixed. I experienced this issue when by plugging the headset into the monitor, while having it turned on.  Thank you for this easy solution

• 1 year later...

Update in 2023! 

This headset is still junk and has massive software issues. 

I regularly have disconnection and mic not working issues. The last post from Ekyxor and second from Spriten worked a treat to reset my headset/mic issues. Thankyou.