[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

Do you think a some 99% rubbing alcohol might do the trick, or will it strip the paint?

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

Do you think a some 99% rubbing alcohol might do the trick, or will it strip the paint?

alcohol could stain, depending on what finish you have. you do not want to use

an astringent on painted surfaces. a damp cloth with water should be fine.

NZXT H440

NZXT H440

NZXT H440

NZXT H440

Updated with Bit Fenix Alchemy Blue entension cables  :)

alcohol could stain, depending on what finish you have. you do not want to use

an astringent on painted surfaces. a damp cloth with water should be fine.

@IrshaadH I've tried 70% isopropyl alcohol and it doesn't stain as long as you use a cloth to go over the alcohol after you wipe.

Just don't let it sit there. Seems to work. Maybe since its 70%

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

Has anyone attempted the x60 kraken front mounted in the h440? If so what were your results and how many bays were still available? My guess it there should be one bay 3.5 bay left... Any pics would be greatly appreciated also if anyone has 2 140mm fans front mounted instead of the 3x 120mm send me a pic of that! I'm trying to get an idea for clearance...

Has anyone attempted the x60 kraken front mounted in the h440? If so what were your results and how many bays were still available? My guess it there should be one bay 3.5 bay left... Any pics would be greatly appreciated also if anyone has 2 140mm fans front mounted instead of the 3x 120mm send me a pic of that! I'm trying to get an idea for clearance...

is there a reason for not using the top mount? that way you have all your 5 hdd bays.

I think if you mounted the x60 in front you might only get 1 bay, maybe 2.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

You'd get one bay and the mounting point under the shroud.

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

Hi guys

I'm really interested in buying this case. I just a had a quick question though.  Would it be possible to fit a small fan underneath my graphicsa card to act as a second rear exhaust?? 

I'm not really worried about my cpu air flow too much but I am concerned about the gpu.   I'm not going to be water cooling, it will strictly be air cooling.  I have a evga 780  sc with the acx fans that will be blowing directly down into the bottom of the case.  My Main concern is this hot air won't really have anywhere to go, so the idea is to have a 2nd rear panel exhaust to suchk it out.  The rest of my system is a is an i7 3770k with noctua d-14 cooler.  8gb corsair vengeance lp ram and ocz vortex 3 ssd.i plan on taking all the hdd panels out and will have the 3 stock fans as top exhaust, with 3 high static pressure noctua fans as front panel intake.  I plan on overclocking the guy and cpu in the future too.  Will the airflow be ok anyway? Cheers 

Hi guys

I'm really interested in buying this case. I just a had a quick question though. Would it be possible to fit a small fan underneath my graphicsa card to act as a second rear exhaust??

I'm not really worried about my cpu air flow too much but I am concerned about the gpu. I'm not going to be water cooling, it will strictly be air cooling. I have a evga 780 sc with the acx fans that will be blowing directly down into the bottom of the case. My Main concern is this hot air won't really have anywhere to go, so the idea is to have a 2nd rear panel exhaust to suchk it out. The rest of my system is a is an i7 3770k with noctua d-14 cooler. 8gb corsair vengeance lp ram and ocz vortex 3 ssd.i plan on taking all the hdd panels out and will have the 3 stock fans as top exhaust, with 3 high static pressure noctua fans as front panel intake. I plan on overclocking the guy and cpu in the future too. Will the airflow be ok anyway? Cheers

Putting a second fan under the graphics card to use as exhaust wouldn't make sense. Hot air rises, so you'd be better off adding exhaust fans at the top.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

I was thinking that but obviously the fan pushes it down to the bottom of the case before it begins to rise. This hot air   is then having to pass the graphics card on the way up, basically meaning the card is always in some sort of heated air.  That's why I was wondering if it was worth having one to suck it out before it has to pass the card?  I'm new to this so if it's a stupid idea just tell me lol. 

I was thinking that but obviously the fan pushes it down to the bottom of the case before it begins to rise. This hot air is then having to pass the graphics card on the way up, basically meaning the card is always in some sort of heated air. That's why I was wondering if it was worth having one to suck it out before it has to pass the card? I'm new to this so if it's a stupid idea just tell me lol.

Not stupid at all, it's easy to get confused by the concept of airflow. However, what you're suggesting would create turbulence because the fan would fight with the hot air's natural tendency to rise.

Hi guys

I'm really interested in buying this case. I just a had a quick question though. Would it be possible to fit a small fan underneath my graphicsa card to act as a second rear exhaust??

I'm not really worried about my cpu air flow too much but I am concerned about the gpu. I'm not going to be water cooling, it will strictly be air cooling. I have a evga 780 sc with the acx fans that will be blowing directly down into the bottom of the case. My Main concern is this hot air won't really have anywhere to go, so the idea is to have a 2nd rear panel exhaust to suchk it out. The rest of my system is a is an i7 3770k with noctua d-14 cooler. 8gb corsair vengeance lp ram and ocz vortex 3 ssd.i plan on taking all the hdd panels out and will have the 3 stock fans as top exhaust, with 3 high static pressure noctua fans as front panel intake. I plan on overclocking the guy and cpu in the future too. Will the airflow be ok anyway? Cheers

I think you're confused. The fans are blowing air into the card and is exhausted to the sides. I've never heard of a gpu cooler that sucks air from the pcb and blows it downwards.

Hi guys!

I'm looking for a new case and H440 really cought my eye. But there are few thinks I'm not 100% sure with, so I would like to ask you, owners, for help. Can I fit double 360 radiators (I've got spare Black Ice XFlow from older build) in this case and one HDD on bottom, next to the power supply? Will there be enough space for it? 

I'm going for something like this:

Thanks!

You won't be able to mount two 360s, with fans there will not be enough clearance. What I am doing is a 240 or 280 in the roof and a 360 in the front.

Check out my Build Log: Project Contrast

Is it possible to fit a 40mm rad in the roof? I just ordered my radiators and now I realize I forgot to check the measurements on that. :/

Check out my Build Log: Project Contrast

Is it possible to fit a 40mm rad in the roof? I just ordered my radiators and now I realize I forgot to check the measurements on that. :/

yes, on the main page, i showed a 38mm AIO with some "extra" above the RAM latches.

granted, not all slots are located in the same area, but should be close if not better

on smaller socketed boards.

I just scratched the side panel window while trying to clean it.  Would an acrylic scratch remover work to get rid of them?

I just scratched the side panel window while trying to clean it.  Would an acrylic scratch remover work to get rid of them?

What you can do is, use a mild abrasive specifically designed for removing fine scratches from acrylic. Any others will dull the surface. Before you do anything try blowing off as much of the dust as possible before starting so that any dirt and dust on it will not cause further scratches. Silver polish can be used as an alternative to polish out scratches if you do not have an acrylic cleaner on hand. However, test it on the surface first before using. Silver polish usually works well to remove light scratches from acrylic. You can try using a car wax as well to smooth out fine scratches. You want to use the rubbing compound type. Apply wax and buff out scratches that are deep enough that you can feel them with your fingernail. Buff in a round circular motion until the scratches disappear.

What you can do is, use a mild abrasive specifically designed for removing fine scratches from acrylic. Any others will dull the surface. Before you do anything try blowing off as much of the dust as possible before starting so that any dirt and dust on it will not cause further scratches. Silver polish can be used as an alternative to polish out scratches if you do not have an acrylic cleaner on hand. However, test it on the surface first before using. Silver polish usually works well to remove light scratches from acrylic. You can try using a car wax as well to smooth out fine scratches. You want to use the rubbing compound type. Apply wax and buff out scratches that are deep enough that you can feel them with your fingernail. Buff in a round circular motion until the scratches disappear.

Thanks for the tip.  I actually ended up using toothpaste, which got rid of the scratches, but dulled the plastic ever so slightly.  I might use some car polish later on to restore the shine.

Thanks for the tip.  I actually ended up using toothpaste, which got rid of the scratches, but dulled the plastic ever so slightly.  I might use some car polish later on to restore the shine.

Your welcome :)

-snip-

SHuoNQjl.jpg

*Ties noose*

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

Ive got the special edition Blue and Black one on order to be delivered soon, can someone please tell me if the NZXT LEDs are Blue or white? im about to order a lighting kit so knowing this will affect the colour of lights I buy

MoBo: GA-z77x-ud3h CPU: 2500K @ 3.1 (miss my h80) Cooler: Stock GPU: EVGA 780 ACX RAM: 8gb G.skill SSDs: 2X Sammy 120EVOs HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracudas PSU: Corsair RM750 Case: Blue NZXT H440

Before:
post-56840-0-61170100-1401281227_thumb.j

After:

post-56840-0-48075300-1401280980_thumb.j

Here is my H440 now with the Asus DCUII-OC R9-290 with it's sexy black backplate, instead of putrid blue PCB featured on my old HD7970.

I'm sure you'll agree, it looks worlds better.

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

Have you guys found an optimal setup for say an aio cooler. I've got a h440 sitting in the box with a 4770k hero board few ssds and a h220 but haven't put any time into building it. I read the Temps are fairly high and I might remove the sound dampening material and see how that fairs on air flow

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

My temps are only a few degrees higher than when I was running my rig in an apollo with no side panel. Try it stock first and only take it off if you have to.

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.