[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

Has anyone actually tried to watercool in this thing? This case is a nightmare! 

Has anyone actually tried to watercool in this thing? This case is a nightmare! 

Getting ready to do my wifes. I'm having a hard time mapping out something too.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Getting ready to do my wifes. I'm having a hard time mapping out something too.

it's impossible without cutting a bunch of random holes. I can't find anywhere to mount the pump. it doesn't fit between my front rad and the panel covering the power supply, it fits under that panel but it to close to the end of my modular PSU, it won't fit between the side panel and my graphics cards, it just won't work. This case is what happens when you just check specs off and say it has water cooling support because it has a bunch of 120mm fan mounts. Even my radiators don't "really" fit. The end cap on the top rad is half a millimeter from the blades of the fan on the end of my top 360mm rad. to the point where if the case shakes while that fan is spinning it will probably destroy the fan. there's not enough space behind the mobo try to do proper cable management unless you take the noise dampening foam off that panel. There's not enough room between the 120mm fan mount and the fittings on my top rad to run a tube down to my CPU block without pinching the tube. I have all of the parts in my hand is just doesn't work. Don't buy this case if you're going to water cool with it unless you're only going to use a 30mm rad in the front. Then there *should* be enough room to fit a pump and res in front, but at that point you've lost 1/3 of your possible cooling capacity. This case isn't worth it. I've been trying to make everything fit for three days, I'm giving up and buying a different case.

Update on mine (still not quite finished) I thought I'd post what it looks like with stuff it it lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

What a beauty. Did you do the sleeving yourself? What ram are you using?

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

I think its the Green Corsair low profile Vengeance Ram

Thank you :)

The sleeving was done in partial by me and also my fellow coworker at Riptide Custom Sleeving.

And like PRIME686 said, my ram is the green corsair low profile Vengeance Ram. Love my Ram ^-^

I think its the Green Corsair low profile Vengeance Ram

Yes sir it is :)

Final mock up before I actually do the build this weekend. 

hey man! i saw your build log about this pc and i like the water cooling is it possible that you take take more pictures of how you set up the water cooling? i might want to do this! xD thx! 

p.s. you dont have too if you dont want too

Thank you :)

The sleeving was done in partial by me and also my fellow coworker at Riptide Custom Sleeving.

And like PRIME686 said, my ram is the green corsair low profile Vengeance Ram. Love my Ram ^-^

That's awesome, the green and purple combination is clever!

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

Dude, you just built the Joker's personal rig. Install the Arkham series right now or there will be consequences :P

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

hey man! i saw your build log about this pc and i like the water cooling is it possible that you take take more pictures of how you set up the water cooling? i might want to do this! xD thx! 

p.s. you dont have too if you dont want too

yeah just as soon as I get it stable haha

Thanks! :D

Wanted something different, something bright and vivid. Think I nailed it ;)

You most certainly did, it looks fantastic! Just one more reason I love this case.

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

Hello everybody, I'm building my first computer with the h440. I found a cable that was bundled with the main group of cables to the right of the hdd cages, which was not marked in the manual, would anyone know what this cable is, and where to attach it?

http://imgur.com/j0tu0W1

http://imgur.com/tGZW8dt

Update on mine (still not quite finished) I thought I'd post what it looks like with stuff it it lol

Holy shit I know what your PC reminds me of now. Its Barney the Dinosaur

Hello everybody, I'm building my first computer with the h440. I found a cable that was bundled with the main group of cables to the right of the hdd cages, which was not marked in the manual, would anyone know what this cable is, and where to attach it?

http://imgur.com/j0tu0W1

http://imgur.com/tGZW8dt

Looks like it's for the NZXT LED on the side, if I remember correctly. 

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

Holy shit I know what your PC reminds me of now. Its Barney the Dinosaur

Nah, more green then purple to be Barney build.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

It really, really reminded me of these awesome sweets!

post-56840-0-39437900-1401563498.jpg

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

You most certainly did, it looks fantastic! Just one more reason I love this case.

Thanks! :D

It really, really reminded me of these awesome sweets!

~snip~

Mmmm...

hello guys...

i just got my h440... this is my first pc but my second build, and i've read the manual book but there are 1 or two things that i still am not clear about (even after youtube-ing how to build a pc). my temporary case was bitfenix budget case a couple months ago, while waiting for h440 to be locally available...

i'm building the h440 at the moment...

i have some difficulties building it, and id like some help from you guys on building it.... >_<

1) How do you plug the usb 3 case connector to the motherboard? i have difficulty plugging in the case usb 3.0 connector. what do you guys do...?

== do you run the usb 3 connector through the middle rubber grommet (the normal way), or do you route it around through the hard drive open space and not use the grommet?

*the reason i asked is because i tried running it through the middle rubber grommet but i wasn't succesful on bending the usb 3 connector to connect to the board. so i tried run it around through the hard drive space. It succesfully plugged, but as you guys know the steel on the right side of the rubber grommets is slightly bend outward, now im having a lot of difficulties unplugging the usb 3 connector, and i just leave the usb 3 connector attached.

the thing is... im worried if someday i need to unplug the usb 3 connector it'll be hard. so before the damage is done, how do you guys connect the usb 3 case connector to your motherboard...?

2) on the h440 1 thing i found different is that all the internal cable management has already been cable-tied from the get-go. and there are 2 plugs inside the case. the molex plug, and one other plug that is 3-pin (with 2 spike and 1 empty, picture below).
what does this 3-pin plug next to the molex do...? should i plug it anywhere?

I5Y1OW2.jpg

3) How to connect and control the fans? on a normal budget case, say my previous bitfenix shinob case,, i plugged the 3-pin front and back fans directly to the motherboard, labeled sysfan 1 & 2.
on h440 what should i do? should i just connect the molex plug to my PSU molex cable and that's it...? does the 4 fans all already connected to the fanhub in the back...?
(the cable ties is so tidy yet so messy i couldn't tell which one's which cables...)

cheers, and forgive me for the dumb question :(

i tried googling to no avail, i've read the manual book, and i'm particularly worried about the usb 3 connector... cheers and thank you again ^_^

hello guys...

i just got my h440... this is my first pc but my second build, and i've read the manual book but there are 1 or two things that i still am not clear about (even after youtube-ing how to build a pc). my temporary case was bitfenix budget case a couple months ago, while waiting for h440 to be locally available...

i'm building the h440 at the moment...

i have some difficulties building it, and id like some help from you guys on building it.... >_<

1) How do you plug the usb 3 case connector to the motherboard? i have difficulty plugging in the case usb 3.0 connector. what do you guys do...?

== do you run the usb 3 connector through the middle rubber grommet (the normal way), or do you route it around through the hard drive open space and not use the grommet?

*the reason i asked is because i tried running it through the middle rubber grommet but i wasn't succesful on bending the usb 3 connector to connect to the board. so i tried run it around through the hard drive space. It succesfully plugged, but as you guys know the steel on the right side of the rubber grommets is slightly bend outward, now im having a lot of difficulties unplugging the usb 3 connector, and i just leave the usb 3 connector attached.

the thing is... im worried if someday i need to unplug the usb 3 connector it'll be hard. so before the damage is done, how do you guys connect the usb 3 case connector to your motherboard...?

2) on the h440 1 thing i found different is that all the internal cable management has already been cable-tied from the get-go. and there are 2 plugs inside the case. the molex plug, and one other plug that is 3-pin (with 2 spike and 1 empty, picture below).

what does this 3-pin plug next to the molex do...? should i plug it anywhere?

I5Y1OW2.jpg

3) How to connect and control the fans? on a normal budget case, say my previous bitfenix shinob case,, i plugged the 3-pin front and back fans directly to the motherboard, labeled sysfan 1 & 2.

on h440 what should i do? should i just connect the molex plug to my PSU molex cable and that's it...? does the 4 fans all already connected to the fanhub in the back...?

(the cable ties is so tidy yet so messy i couldn't tell which one's which cables...)

cheers, and forgive me for the dumb question :(

i tried googling to no avail, i've read the manual book, and i'm particularly worried about the usb 3 connector... cheers and thank you again ^_^

To your first question, 

I had A LOT of trouble with the USB 3.0 plug.  I even bent some of the pins on my motherboard and had to straighten them with tweezers.  I realized that plugging it in before I install the MOBO was the best way to go about it.

To your first question, 

I had A LOT of trouble with the USB 3.0 plug.  I even bent some of the pins on my motherboard and had to straighten them with tweezers.  I realized that plugging it in before I install the MOBO was the best way to go about it.

yes to the usb 3 connector :(

btw, what does the 3-pin plug next to the molex do...? should i plug it anywhere?

yes to the usb 3 connector :(

btw, what does the 3-pin plug next to the molex do...? should i plug it anywhere?

thats for the fan hub if i'm not mistaken.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

thats for the fan hub if i'm not mistaken.

where should i plug that in...? what does it do?

and do i need to buy extra cable to plug that fan hub thing to my board...?