[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

new to the community!

Got this case week ago. have been constantly adding new components in. 

Still waiting for custom sleeved cable to come in, but I'm quite satisfied with the look now. 

post-191660-0-72843600-1426642546_thumb.

post-191660-0-47755700-1426642550_thumb.

Hi Guys.

I am looking at moving my current built to this case. I have two Jetstream 980's I am abit concerned about temps!

Any thoughts?

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

guys, where can i obtain the NZXT H440 front magnetic dust filter only? thanks.

Hi Guys.

I am looking at moving my current built to this case. I have two Jetstream 980's I am abit concerned about temps!

Any thoughts?

You'll get the same temps as in any midtower

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

I Built proof that heat is not much of a problem in this case and crammed a 360 Rad in the top and a 170mm+DDC pump in the front  ^_^. Running 2 overclocked R9 280s and a overclocked FX9590. (my pictures are terrible.)

IMAG0160

IMAG0159

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

I Built proof that heat is not much of a problem in this case and crammed a 360 Rad in the top and a 170mm+DDC pump in the front  ^_^. Running 2 overclocked R9 280s and a overclocked FX9590. (my pictures are terrible.)

Not a fan or red but that looks sweet. Getting my case tomorrow can't wait.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Awsome, i wasnt sure if the 3 ones in front would be ehough as it has the front panel, that honestly starves the system of air. but if it has enough flow then im excited to be able to finnally start putting this together... as soon as my case gets here that is

Hey, 

I understand what you mean. It is easy to think that the slot is not enough for the front but remember that an enclosed case like this benefits from Static Pressure. 

I did some research prior to buying anything and I realized that Static Pressure is just better than "Air Flow" when it comes to moving heat out of your pc. 

I will recommend to replace the default NZXT front fans eventually because they are cheap 120mm fans, and the blades are even fragile. 

It has been almost a year and as I look inside my pc I see no dust build up even on the interior fans. Literally no regrets buying this case. In fact I would love to see what NZXT improves upon in the next version (hopefully keeping the same price). 

Some nice looking builds in here.

I'm getting ready to buy the case for my build. Had it narrowed down to one of these or a Thermaltake Core V71.

Not sure which would be best for me. How do you all like your H440's and how is the air flow?

The Thermaltake seemed like it has a lot more

Cooling options and bigger/more fans, ect.

I won't be watercooling at all. I just want a cool and somewhat silent case that looks good.

Question to those with LED lighting:

I have the Black/Orange version with a gigabyte SOC motherboard. I want some accent lighting to make the orange really stand out, but I don't want to completely wash out the interior. And suggestions on LED strip brands, colors, lengths, etc? Much appreciated, fellow owners.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Question to those with LED lighting:

I have the Black/Orange version with a gigabyte SOC motherboard. I want some accent lighting to make the orange really stand out, but I don't want to completely wash out the interior. And suggestions on LED strip brands, colors, lengths, etc? Much appreciated, fellow owners.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117203-unofficial-ltt-nzxt-h440-owners-club/page-35#entry4109595

i used nzxt leds there really good

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

So for the orange build, would you suggest white LEDs, or orange? I haven't worked with them before so I'm worried the orange will have the same effect as red ones (the pics I've seen of systems where all you can see is the glowing red lights and none of the components). Or possibly a mix of both? Your thoughts? Nice system btw!

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

U could go with yellow.

Intel 5820K ¬ ASUS x99 Deluxe ¬ HyperX Predator 3000Mhz 16gb ¬ Gigabyte Titan X ¬ SuperFlow Leadex 850W ¬ Crucial Mx100 512Gb x2 RAID 0 ¬ NZXT H440 + HUE + X61 ¬ ASUS ROG Swift

U could go with yellow.

This is very true.

Which leads me back to my OP, and suggestions on brands? Where to buy them? Etc.

So for the orange build, would you suggest white LEDs, or orange? I haven't worked with them before so I'm worried the orange will have the same effect as red ones (the pics I've seen of systems where all you can see is the glowing red lights and none of the components). Or possibly a mix of both? Your thoughts? Nice system btw!

I would go with white personally I don't like the coloured LEDs and thanks

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

My NZXT H440, currently running without the front panel until I've cut a 3 x 120mm intake hole. Hole is cut now actually but need to tidy it up and add a fan grill.

Asus Z97 Pro

i7 4790k

Asus Strix 970

8GB Corsair Dominator ram 8-8-8-24 1600mhz

Corsair TX750 PSU

Samsung Evo 840 SSD - 250GB

Seagate Barracuda 3TB HD (but where is it mounted? :o)

19/13mm tubing

Alphacool 45 revolvable fittings

Alphacool monsta 360mm rad

Noctua NF-F12 fans

EK XRES with D5 pump

EK block for the GPU

XSPC Raystorm for CPU

Standard white LEDs, bought in a 5m strip and cut to length, wired to fan headers.

5KQKnfB.jpg

2wG9b8M.jpg

Full battlestation post here - http://imgur.com/a/NduPo

My NZXT H440;

added, please edit spec into your post so others will have an idea of what you have done.

My NZXT H440, currently running without the front panel until I've cut a 3 x 120mm intake hole. Hole is cut now actually but need to tidy it up and add a fan grill.

Asus Z97 Pro

i7 4790k

Asus Strix 970

8GB Corsair Dominator ram 8-8-8-24 1600mhz

Corsair TX750 PSU

Samsung Evo 840 SSD - 250GB

Seagate Barracuda 3TB HD (but where is it mounted? :o)

19/13mm tubing

Alphacool 45 revolvable fittings

Alphacool monsta 360mm rad

Noctua NF-F12 fans

EK XRES with D5 pump

EK block for the GPU

XSPC Raystorm for CPU

Standard white LEDs, bought in a 5m strip and cut to length, wired to fan headers.

5KQKnfB.jpg

2wG9b8M.jpg

Full battlestation post here - http://imgur.com/a/NduPo

how you take out the pannel on the side thats used to mount the HDD's?

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

My Rig:

Have since reran the sleeved cables, and tidied that up a lot. Now running power from behind the Right SSD, and it looks so much neater!

Specs in my Sig :D

Looks nice. Hope to be able post pics of my completed one over the weekend :)

Looks nice. Hope to be able post pics of my completed one over the weekend :)

Thanks! waiting until i see what my tax return is like, if it's good i'll be upgrading to a Z97 mobo with a 4690k too. NO MOAR mATX IN A MID TOWER, LOL!

(probably look at doing a SFF build with the current mobo/cpu if i do that :) )

amazing ! update us on your front panel ! and, why did you remove your hard drive cage ?

how you take out the pannel on the side thats used to mount the HDD's?

Its just a few rivets that need drilling out :)

amazing ! update us on your front panel ! and, why did you remove your hard drive cage ?

You see the giant radiator and fans right? ;)

Ofcourse I'll post with the front panel when I can be bothered getting round to finishing it :P

Have any of u guys replaced the front fans with others like noctua or corsair and seen any difference? I am thinking about replacing them with some high flow SP.

Intel 5820K ¬ ASUS x99 Deluxe ¬ HyperX Predator 3000Mhz 16gb ¬ Gigabyte Titan X ¬ SuperFlow Leadex 850W ¬ Crucial Mx100 512Gb x2 RAID 0 ¬ NZXT H440 + HUE + X61 ¬ ASUS ROG Swift