[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

The front? Like on the outside? I tried to mount on the top but the fans are in the way...

On the top- -- in front of the fans -- unless you have 140mm fans, then there might not be enough room....But, no, in the front leaning up against the HDDs.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

But, no, in the front leaning up against the HDDs.

Yeah got a stip there too.. gives it a nice little glow

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

On the top- -- in front of the fans -- unless you have 140mm fans, then there might not be enough room....But, no, in the front leaning up against the HDDs.

I have a strip down the drive tray. I kind of like gleam of the pcbs my GC and MB give off but I'm considering a strip next to my top fans as well. I still have a whole roll of leds I dunno what to do with.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

mine run from the back  by the pci slots up to the top of the case across the front down by the hdd trays back and back across the top

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

mine run from the back  by the pci slots up to the top of the case across the front down by the hdd trays back and back across the top

I'd like to see that.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Did you use Bitfenix or just a bulk pack of strip and what's it hooked up to?

Did you use Bitfenix or just a bulk pack of strip and what's it hooked up to?

i used bitfienx alchemy 2m. It gives a nice even glow nad leaves alot spare to allow for what ever set up you want.... with in reason

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I got one on the bottom, on the top and behind the drivecages now. Looks pretty decent imo...

NiscNRH.jpg

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

What's the opinion in this thread to using the top fan mounts as intake? My current setup is as follows:

• 3 stock 120mm intake in front that came with case
  • 140mm Dead Ailence Aerocool as intake in top towards middle front
  • Kraken x41 mounted as push/pull for exhaust, replaced push kraken 140mm fan with DS Aerocool 140mm, pull fan is stock exhaust 140mm

Do I have enough exhaust with just the push/pull kraken? System temps on motherboard bios are 29c.

I have one 140mm NXZT fan left over and am contemplating putting as exhaust in the top back corner above kraken, just worried that the exhausted air will get trapped and re-intaked with the top intake fan I already have installed.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

-snip-

I would set the top as intake ONLY if you put filters on there... Otherwise be prepared to clean up dust often

What's the opinion in this thread to using the top fan mounts as intake? My current setup is as follows:

• Kraken x41 mounted as push/pull for exhaust, replaced push kraken 140mm fan with DS Aerocool 140mm, pull fan is stock exhaust 140mm

Do I have enough exhaust with just the push/pull kraken? System temps on motherboard bios are 29c.

I have one 140mm NXZT fan left over and am contemplating putting as exhaust in the top back corner above kraken, just worried that the exhausted air will get trapped and re-intaked with the top intake fan I already have installed.

i would rather go 3x120 over 2x140 at the top or front as a future referance encase you get more fans.

Front has a filter so thats fine but if you make top as intake, put a filter on IT!!!

and lastly do not put one at top as intake and another as outtake, the air will go from your case to the space above the fans and then back into your case...

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

I would set the top as intake ONLY if you put filters on there... Otherwise be prepared to clean up dust often

i would rather go 3x120 over 2x140 at the top or front as a future referance encase you get more fans.

Front has a filter so thats fine but if you make top as intake, put a filter on IT!!!

and lastly do not put one at top as intake and another as outtake, the air will go from your case to the space above the fans and then back into your case...

I have a Silverstone FF143B 140mm Ultra Fine Fan Filter with Magnet (Black) in my newegg cart right now, assuming it will fit under the case lid

Is my exhaust setup adequate otherwise with just the push/pull kraken?

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

Dont do top intake you'll only be working against natural convection (hot air rises)...

I have a Silverstone FF143B 140mm Ultra Fine Fan Filter with Magnet (Black) in my newegg cart right now, assuming it will fit under the case lid

Is my exhaust setup adequate otherwise with just the push/pull kraken?

The filter would be fine, i wouldnt screw it in though as to take the filter off and clean it would require you to take the fan off as well.

your exhaust is more than enough, the fans at the front will bring lots of fresh air into your case and cause positive pressure.

If you have 1x140 at the top it can either go at the back or middle, there isnt space at the front at the top for a 140, on that i would put it at the back as exhaust (wont need a filter)and use paper or cardboard and cover the rest of the whole at the top. this will help prevent the air being pushed out going back int the case.

I have 240mm rad at the top of my case and have put it towards the back, the space at the front is covered with paper.

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

What you do really doesn't make much of a difference... 

I've ran three different configurations and had no noticeable temp differences: 

360mm intake up front, 240mm exhaust up top (with a rad), 140mm exhaust out the back. 

360mm intake up front, 240mm exhaust up top (with a rad), 140mm intake from the back. 

360mm intake up front, 240mm intake up top (with a rad), 140mm exhaust out the back. 

Ultimately, I settled on the 360mm front and 240mm top intakes with a 140mm exhaust out the back as I find it quieter to be pulling air rather than pushing air into my face (the top vents face me). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I think I'll buy the fan filter and stick with the current setup I have. I'm not having any issues with case temps yet with the MSI GTX 980 exhausting hot air inside. I'll re-think it if I notice any issues. Thanks for the input guys.

Dont do top intake you'll only be working against natural convection (hot air rises)...

convection occurs when there is no airflow. so hot air rising inside of a case

is not relevant. with fans in the front and fans on the CPU/GPU, the convection

principle is dormant. so using the roof as an intake only increases the

levels/chances the interior will be cooled sufficiently if there is mesh/openings

in the rear i/o or back of the chassis.

• Kraken x41 mounted as push/pull for exhaust, replaced push kraken 140mm fan with DS Aerocool 140mm, pull fan is stock exhaust 140mm

I have 3x120mm (stock fans) in front as intake, rear 140mm (stock) as exhaust, and 360mm rad on top with 3x120mm fans pull

• 2 weeks later...

Guy, would like to ask for my front fan, should I get "Airflow series" or "Static Series".

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

Guy, would like to ask for my front fan, should I get "Airflow series" or "Static Series".

SP since it has restricted airflow

SP since it has restricted airflow

Awesome. Thanks man. Will get the SP version then.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

To the members running SLI, how are your temps? Still able to OC of it gets too hot and starts throttling back?

I am thinking H100i or h110 on top, and 3 SP front fans.

Intel 5820K ¬ ASUS x99 Deluxe ¬ HyperX Predator 3000Mhz 16gb ¬ Gigabyte Titan X ¬ SuperFlow Leadex 850W ¬ Crucial Mx100 512Gb x2 RAID 0 ¬ NZXT H440 + HUE + X61 ¬ ASUS ROG Swift

using air cooling rather well. i'd prefer reference coolers in this case over the

advanced coolers as the spacing from the front fans to the GPU is slightly

obstructed if using HDD and the complaints of warmer temperatures due to

the lack of opening areas for intake ducts. as to throttling under temperature

not really a concern. if really pushing voltage overclocks on the GPU, then a

more airflow case would be needed.

I just finished watching a video of a guy checking the inside temps with the panels on and off, reference coolers actually went up while the acx in that case actually dropped 10*.

Just love that case, migh run the fron panel off... Till I can cut holes.

Intel 5820K ¬ ASUS x99 Deluxe ¬ HyperX Predator 3000Mhz 16gb ¬ Gigabyte Titan X ¬ SuperFlow Leadex 850W ¬ Crucial Mx100 512Gb x2 RAID 0 ¬ NZXT H440 + HUE + X61 ¬ ASUS ROG Swift