Looking for a headset under 100$?

meritmaster

I am looking for any headset with 5.1, or 7.1 for 100$, or less. My current headset is a Sound Blaster 3D alpha, and i would like something of better quality. 

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

I do believe its a tad over, but I'd look at Siberia V2's

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

Whatever you do, get virtual surround.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

It is impossible for a headset to have 7.1 or 5.1. That is all software virtualization bullshit. I would go for the Sennheiser HD439's. Excellent cans for the price, and if you need a microphone get one of those $8 Zalman clip-ons. 

Audio Technica ATHM30s are pretty good.

EDIT -- sorry, didn't see it was headset, not headphones. 

Headset, and or headphones.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

It is impossible for a headset to have 7.1 or 5.1.

Very possible

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

SE-A1000 for gaming, won't be the best on the go, but its one of the best headphones in its price range. 

Whatever you do, get virtual surround.

Can i use any usb virtual surround card? Like the one from the sound blaster 3d?

~Abraham Lincoln

Very possible

I think i had Triton that were actually 5.1

~Abraham Lincoln

SE-A1000 for gaming, won't be the best on the go, but its one of the best headphones in its price range. 

Would it be better than what i have? There is no specs on newegg D:.

~Abraham Lincoln

Would it be better than what i have? There is no specs on newegg D:.

Specs are next to meaningless numbers dreamt up be the manufacture  

Headphones cannot have 5 or 7 speakers and a subwoofer. 

Well they exist. They're small speakers inside each ear cup.

Headphones cannot have 5 or 7 speakers and a subwoofer. 

Razer, Logitech, and Triton have all done it before, and they sounded like shit, were built like shit, and were/are nothing more than shit. 

Do you need a mic at all? Or are you using it specifically for music?

It's for gaming, music, and movie. I really like using headphones for movies.

~Abraham Lincoln

It's for gaming, music, and movie. I really like using headphones for movies.

Then the SE-A1000 would do you well. 

Razer, Logitech, and Triton have all done it before, and they sounded like shit, were built like shit, and were/are nothing more than shit. 

Built like shit indeed, but i have to say triton ax pro sounded really good. I owned 4 of them....

~Abraham Lincoln

Built like shit indeed, but i have to say triton ax pro sounded really good. I owned 4 of them....

Designed to break, so you buy another. 

The Audio Technicas I linked earlier will be good if you don't need a mic attached to it. 

They are alright, but in a much lower league to the SE's

How about headsets with good highs? 

~Abraham Lincoln

They are alright, but in a much lower league to the SE's

Do the SE's have good highs?

~Abraham Lincoln

The M30Xs and M40Xs are coming out in two weeks and are both under $100. I think they're worth a look. 

Not really, they are nothing different to the M30 or M40, which are both very meh. 

Do the SE's have good highs?

Flat enough, nothing dominates anything else. 

Have you tried either of them (Non X editions)?

Tried the M30 (which was k) M40 sucked out right. Own M35, which is mean and uncomfortable like all of AT's monitors. 

Have more samples of the M30x and M50x in the mail, though both are just the old versions with removable cables. 

(The joys of not having to pay for mediocre headphones)

Have you tried either of them (Non X editions)?

They actually look nice, and specs seem awesome, but they don't come out for another week! ):

~Abraham Lincoln