Is this bad?

Yeah, monitor is broken, it's bad.

Joking, somewhat... yeah, it can take some time to fix those issues, but usually they're fixed... it's very rarely hardware failure, just the operating system dealing with an improper shut down or sudden reset or crash. 

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

Yeah, monitor is broken, it's bad.

Joking, somewhat... yeah, it can take some time to fix those issues, but usually they're fixed... it's very rarely hardware failure, just the operating system dealing with an improper shut down or sudden reset or crash. 

Yea, it just randomly shuts down when I login (sometimes) by the way, im using an optiplex 755 on windows 10, its not even supposed to be on this PC 

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

If it's stuck there for a long time, it could indicate bad sector(s) on the drive, though.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, Pizzatrain1011YT said:

Yea, it just randomly shuts down when I login (sometimes) by the way, im using an optiplex 755 on windows 10, its not even supposed to be on this PC 

That could be a sign of power supply failing.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

If it's stuck there for a long time, it could indicate bad sector(s) on the drive, though.

Oh no, this is a pc from Dell, IDK how to open it, though I do have an extra hard drive around here.

image.jpg

1 minute ago, Pizzatrain1011YT said:

though I do have an extra hard drive around here.

That drive you posted a picture of is an IDE-drive, you can't use that. The Optiplex 755 uses SATA, not IDE.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

That drive you posted a picture of is an IDE-drive, you can't use that. The Optiplex 755 uses SATA, not IDE.

Oh :(

Just now, Pizzatrain1011YT said:

Oh :(

Don't panic yet. If you can eventually boot into Windows, download CrystalDiskInfo and check whether it says the drive in it is okay or not. It'll say in big letters "CAUTION" if your drive needs to be replaced.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

Don't panic yet. If you can eventually boot into Windows, download CrystalDiskInfo and check whether it says the drive in it is okay or not. It'll say in big letters "CAUTION" if your drive needs to be replaced.

Ok, logging in

Edited by Pizzatrain1011YT

... oh no

-snip-

Yeah you'll need to get a new drive.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Just now, SpookyCitrus said:

Yeah you'll need to get a new drive.

WHY MEH

image.jpg

... oh no

It would be a good idea to backup whatever files you don't want to lose and buy a new drive. They don't cost a lost nowadays.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

It would be a good idea to backup whatever files you don't want to lose and buy a new drive. They don't cost a lost nowadays.

I all ready did that, I put my pictures on Google Drive

Just now, Pizzatrain1011YT said:

WHY MEH

-snip-

It has bad sectors and over 26000 power on hours, the drive is toast you should make an image backup and spend $40 to get a new drive.

(and unless relevant please stop spamming pictures.)

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Doesn't look that bad to me. The errors may be incorrectly logged by the hard drive due to random resets or issues that may be caused by a bad power supply or something else that's failing.

You can make the drive re-test everything and reset those parameters if they're incorrect by using software like WD Data Lifeguard diagnostic: https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?p=3&lang=en

Note you can't run it on your drive, you have to boot from another drive and the test erases the tested drive completely, so you'd do this only before you're reinstall stuff.

At less than 7000h of use, it's rare to get such errors . -edit - oh, it's nearly 23k hours... that's different... tho i have drives with 60k hours and they still work well.

You can use something like HD Tune https://www.hdtune.com/  to scan the surface of the disk and figure out where those problem sectors are - see the Health tab.

Mark where the bad sector is, for example at 90 GB and then you could reinstall Windows ... during setup you could make C around 88 GB (stop a few hundred megabytes before that area with problems) , then make a partition that's 1-2 GB (just enough to contain that problem area), and a third partition until the end of the drive..give that the D letter.

Now when you're reading or writing to C and D (last partition) you would get less errors cause the bad area is never touched, in the middle.

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

At less than 7000h of use, it's rare to get such errors

It's over 20kh, not 7kh.