WILL A PSU WITH THESE SPECS WORK FINE WITH A 1660 SUPER/1650 SUPER ALONGSIDE RYZEN 5 2600 AND 4 HARD DRIVES?

blackviking03

That's a bomb. Get a CX550M

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

1 minute ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

That's a bomb. Get a CX550M

Well, im currently not in a situation in which a PSU would fit my budget.

2 minutes ago, blackviking03 said:

PSU is one of the most important choices in a build and the one thing you skimp out on.

If getting a good unit doesn't fit your budget, do you have money to replace your blown up parts?

2 minutes ago, blackviking03 said:

Then save your money and get something better down the line. A bad PSU can ruin the entire build, or do even worse.

A girl who loves to love.

1 minute ago, pzspah said:

PSU is one of the most important choices in a build and the one thing you never save money on.

If getting a good unit doesn't fit your budget, do you have money to replace your blown up parts?

Well, its a good point. But i would have to cut my budget for the GPU, i currently own a 1050 Ti and i plan to get a new one so can you recommend me a PSU and a GPU for a total of 2800 kunas or 366 € or 395 $

10 minutes ago, blackviking03 said:

Well, its a good point. But i would have to cut my budget for the GPU, i currently own a 1050 Ti and i plan to get a new one so can you recommend me a PSU and a GPU for a total of 2800 kunas or 366 € or 395 $

It would help if you provided online shopping sites available in your country where you can purchase parts from so we don't recommend a product that's unavailable in your location, but basically I'd look at any PSU in the Tier B section of the PSU Tier list at a minimum, as PSUs in lower tier categories aren't worth spending money on in the event that they short out your entire system, catch fire burning your house down, or explode killing your family.

Just now, blackviking03 said:

?

Not sure what this question mark is for...

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 minute ago, kirashi said:

It would help if you provided online shopping sites available in your country where you can purchase parts from so we don't recommend a product that's unavailable in your location, but basically I'd look at any PSU in the Tier B section of the PSU Tier list at a minimum, as PSUs in lower tier categories aren't worth spending money on in the event that they short out your entire system, catch fire burning your house down, or explode killing your family.

Well i am from Croatia and the sites i used for buying the PC i have rn are:

adm.hr :

(don't look at the price in the listing when you search, you have to click the product and look at the 3rd (CIJENA2 in small letters) price under the main price because im paying in rates, not in cash)

links.hr :

(price shown in the listing is the price supposed to be paid so you are fine here)

The limit is 2800 KN so if you could find me something decent i would be very thankful.

49 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Will this work? It is nicely priced.

Screenshot_20200322-010356_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, blackviking03 said:

Will this work? It is nicely priced

That's a decent budget unit. 

By the way, have you seen our tier list?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

That's a decent budget unit. 

By the way, have you seen our tier list?

Yes, but since i am not from North America i can't find most of these units in my country, even if i find any of them the price is way higher than what you would pay in NA.

1 minute ago, blackviking03 said:

Yes, but since i am not from North America i can't find most of these units in my country, even if i find any of them the price is way higher than what you would pay in NA.

The system power 9 is on the tier list.

The list isn't a buying guide, it's just so that you can compare models that are available to you. The list works in every country, not just the US.

Edited by Fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

The system power 9 is on the tier list.

The list isn't a buying guide, it's just so that you can compare models that are available to you. 

So the one i found (600w system power 9) will it work SAFELY (no danger of computer exploding like the current one i own) with a 1660 super?

Just now, blackviking03 said:

So the one i found (600w system power 9) will it work SAFELY (no danger of computer exploding like the current one i own) with a 1660 super?

No immediate problems of fire or exploding.

Primary PC:

No immediate problems of fire or exploding.

Then i am going to get it and hope for the best that i do not get a faulty unit.

3 hours ago, blackviking03 said:

Then i am going to get it and hope for the best that i do not get a faulty unit.

The SP9 is a good basic unit. Unless you are very very unlucky you need not worry

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

18 hours ago, kirashi said:

but basically I'd look at any PSU in the Tier B section of the PSU Tier list at a minimum, as PSUs in lower tier categories aren't worth spending money on in the event that they short out your entire system, catch fire burning your house down, or explode killing your family.

That's tier D and lower that can have those issues... Tier C and up are perfectly fine, and Tier D is fine too if you're not doing something iffy with the system.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

3 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

That's tier D and lower that can have those issues... Tier C and up are perfectly fine, and Tier D is fine too if you're not doing something iffy with the system.

I mean, technically even top tier power supplies can have those issues - nothing is perfect. I was merely suggesting Tier B and above because I feel that Tier B and higher power supplies can easily last over 10 years if taken care of, where as I would only want to use a Tier C and lower power supply for a maximum of 5 years before replacing it, assuming you run your system for 12 hours per day.

Anywho, at the end of the day, buy whatever power supply works best for your needs & budget.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)