A few questions

Flyguygamer

Windows media player.

Were there any "enhancements" being done? foobar tries to bypass all that jazz.

Alright, I will buy the dsx. How much do you think it will help?

If there was nothing wrong with your onboard (meaning headphones or some other issue) then you won't notice a difference at all, but if there was then you should notice it, how much you notice it depends on how bad your onboard was to begin with.

I use winamp, win media player (with all enhancements and eq's off) and VLC.  Not for any particular reason but just because I like them,  except winamp, I got that because there is an auto gain setting feature I can use with my playlists to keep all the music at the same volume for when I do music for parties/weddings.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

If there was nothing wrong with your onboard (meaning headphones or some other issue) then you won't notice a difference at all, but if there was then you should notice it, how much you notice it depends on how bad your onboard was to begin with.

I use winamp, win media player (with all enhancements and eq's off) and VLC.  Not for any particular reason but just because I like them,  except winamp, I got that because there is an auto gain setting feature I can use with my playlists to keep all the music at the same volume for when I do music for parties/weddings.

Thanks for your help.