A few questions

Flyguygamer

First of all I want  to say that I am very happy with my bose ae2 headphones. Anyone who doesn't like them should read this review by someone. Now on my questions. First of all I am using a crappy mobo with horrible on board sound. I am looking to improve the quality and loudness of my sound. I have someone willing to sell me a xonar dsx for $25 and wondering if it will improve the quality and loudness. For those of you who don't know the bose ae2's are 32 ohm impedance. Second, would a dac/amp like the fiio e10 be a better option and worth 4 times the cost? Thanks for your help in  advance. 

*edit* I also wanted to ask if extension cables recrudesce quality or loudness?

What is wrong with the mobo sound?  With 32 ohm headphones you don't need anything with a dedicated amp,  but you will need something with an output impedance below 4 ohms to fully control the headphones.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

What is wrong with the mobo sound?  With 32 ohm headphones you don't need anything with a dedicated amp,  but you will need something with an output impedance below 4 ohms to fully control the headphones.

It is a really bad mobo that is more than a few years old. The sound is just bad quality. I don't know the specs as I am using a prebuilt pc that I got when I was low on money. It has what ever sandy bridge mobo hp threw in there.

It is a really bad mobo that is more than a few years old. The sound is just bad quality. I don't know the specs as I am using a prebuilt pc that I got when I was low on money. It has what ever sandy bridge mobo hp threw in there.

In that case just about anything with 4ohm or less output impedance will be an improvement,  The e10 has definitely got the lower output impedance but as you say it is $80, you'll have to weight the other benefits up against the cost, like portability, no drivers, front volume dial to see if it's worth it to you.  I would get it purely for convenience, and SQ, but I am not on a tight Budget.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

In that case just about anything with 4ohm or less output impedance will be an improvement,  The e10 has definitely got the lower output impedance but as you say it is $80, you'll have to weight the other benefits up against the cost, like portability, no drivers, front volume dial to see if it's worth it to you.  I would get it purely for convenience, and SQ, but I am not on a tight Budget.

E6? Maybe? 

Does the dsx have >4 ohm output impedance? I would like to keep this as cheap as possible.

Yes, very much so. 

You might be happy enough with the soundcard. It's not as ideal as the E10, but if you can't afford the E10 then you can't afford the E10.

You might be happy enough with the soundcard. It's not as ideal as the E10, but if you can't afford the E10 then you can't afford the E10.

My max is about $30 plus shipping at the most.

Is the e6 better than the dsx?

For your use case I would say so. 

Is the e6 better than the dsx?

E6 is just an amp and you'd still likely hear your crappy onboard solution.

E6 is just an amp and you'd still likely hear your crappy onboard solution.

E6 would fix most of its issues, mostly. 

Just fighting the soundcard though it might be the only option for once. 

My max is about $30 plus shipping at the most.

In that case I would go the dsx, the last thing you want to do is amplify static if the onboard is having issues that aren't just "old" related.

In that case I would go the dsx, the last thing you want to do is amplify static if the onboard is having issues that aren't just "old" related.

Alright, I will buy the dsx. How much do you think it will help?

Alright, I will buy the dsx. How much do you think it will help?

Anywhere from not at all to completely solving your problems.  :ph34r:

On another topic. Do audio extension cables decrease sound quality or volume? Also what is the best sounding music player for both pc and android. I don't like windows media player and the stock media player on my phone is crap.

On another topic. Do audio extension cables decrease sound quality or volume? Also what is the best sounding music player for both pc and android. I don't like windows media player and the stock media player on my phone is crap.

A unbroken cable won't do anything, and changing player does nothing. Lotta people hype Foobar2k, I use VLC. 

Extensions wont affect sound quality. I use MediaMonkey, but Foobar2000 is popular because of it's customization.

Very help, much useful.

much%2Bmislead.jpg

Extensions wont affect sound quality. I use MediaMonkey, but Foobar2000 is popular because of it's customization.

much%2Bmislead.jpg

I was very mislead. Any other recommendations? 

I was very mislead. Any other recommendations? 

Spotify if you like "free" music on the PC. Have to pay for it to use on mobile, however.

Spotify if you like "free" music on the PC. Have to pay for it to use on mobile, however.

Thanks. I am trying foobar2000 now. Thanks for all your help.