New AMD Adrenalin Driver 20.2.2 (Mar 5 2020) boot loops my PC

WallacEngineering

As soon as I installed the update, my PC bootloops into automatic repair, once I DDU the software, I can get back into Windows again. Just thought I would let you guys know. Im rolling back to Feb 2020 update for now.

Specs:

AsRock X570 ITX TB3 MotherBoard

AMD Ryzen 3700X

2 x 16GB Trident Z Neo 3600 16-19-19-19-39

PowerColor/AMD RX 5700-XT Red Devil

Corsair Force MP600 1TB NVME 4.0 Boot Drive

Asus P34Q 100Hz 3440x1440 monitor

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

I suppose every time you update AMD drivers. Better DDU first and install fresh.

When I update to 20.2.2 using AMD Adrenaline software. I had some minor issues, some programes will not scale correctly. I DDU it, and did a fresh install of 20.2.2. Now everything is working.

1 minute ago, Deli said:

I suppose every time you update AMD drivers. Better DDU first and install fresh.

When I update to 20.2.2 using AMD Adrenaline software. I had some minor issues, some programes will not scale correctly. I DDU it, and did a fresh install of 20.2.2. Now everything is working.

Well I tried a DDU and then install. Same thing, boot loops. Maybe since I have both Feb and March now downloaded, as well as DDU, all saved to my NVME boot drive, I will experiment for a while. Ill post back if I can get a different method to work.

Current Build Thread:

@Deli whats weird is the new 20.2.2 works at first. It will install, and run until I reboot. As soon as I reboot, boot loops. I disabled ALL my overclocking (CPU,RAM,GPU), did DDU fresh installs, IDK what else to try. Im wondering if I DDU the software AND select "Factory Reset" upon install if that might force it to work properly. Time to try it out...

Current Build Thread:

My PC has been stable no problem with 5700XT since last October. My first black screen happened after I install 20.2.1. Rolled back to 20.1.3. Now I have 20.2.2, everything is good so far.

Seems AMD driver is very sensitive to certain hardware combinations.

4 minutes ago, Deli said:

My PC has been stable no problem with 5700XT. My first black screen happened after I install 20.2.1. Rolled back to 20.1.3. Now I have 20.2.2, everything is good so far.

Seems AMD driver is very sensitive to certain hardware combinations.

Well Im entering safe mode right now to try DDU on 20.2.1 and then install 20.2.2 with factory reset so we will see soon enough

Current Build Thread:

@Deli Got it! Looks like Factory reset is the key to a successful install. I think I know why too. Even though I disabled my internet connection as well as just DDU uninstalled 20.2.1, my screen still flickered and my DPI settings still changed during phase 1 of the factory reset (uninstalling old software before reboot). I think it does this because theres a conflict with the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter software that automatically installs if you don't install proper software from the manufacturer. So the "Factory Reset" option during install of new AMD drivers seems to be required at this point to uninstall the Microsoft basic drivers and eliminate compatibility issues.

Current Build Thread:

51 minutes ago, Deli said:

Have fun and enjoy.

Ya for all of a few hours lol. Gotta RMA both my Motherboard and GPU tomorrow

Current Build Thread:

21 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

Ya for all of a few hours lol. Gotta RMA both my Motherboard and GPU tomorrow

What's wrong with them.

3 hours ago, Deli said:

What's wrong with them.

GPU is emitting static in the audio constantly. I tested an RX 480 and the noise disappeared. And then my PCI Express slot is malfunctioning. Sometimes my GPU will run x1 mode, sometimes x8, never x16. And this is while gaming, under full load. Also tested with my buddys 480, same result. The computer will randomly crash in the middle of gaming and detect a hardware change

Current Build Thread: