Exchanging my 2080 Sea Hawk X with a ROG STRIX 1080 Ti OC. Thats fine?

Dversity

Hi.

I currently own a MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X, which has a AIO cooler attached to it. I want to rebuild my PC into a NZXT H1 case(mini itx), which doesnt fit a GPU with AIO cooler, so I need to swap it. 

My brother owns a 1080 Ti ROG STRIX OC which I bought to him as a present a while back, and I'm wondering if I really will feel any performance loss if I do the swap with him?

I've watched some benchmarks etc, but they're quite old so I dont know if a 2080(not super) outperforms a 1080 Ti nowadays. What do u guys think? 

I'm playing on a 1440p monitor, and it might look like 2080 kinda outperforms 1080 ti in some games @ 1440p. 

Thanks in advance peeps! 

It's a downgrade for sure and the 1080ti is a big hot gpu that produce a fair amount of heat and it'll not do well in such a small case....I'm not a fan of putting high end hardware in Mini cases to make it suffer to begin with...I wouldn't do that.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

16 minutes ago, Dversity said:

Hi.

I currently own a MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X, which has a AIO cooler attached to it. I want to rebuild my PC into a NZXT H1 case(mini itx), which doesnt fit a GPU with AIO cooler, so I need to swap it. 

My brother owns a 1080 Ti ROG STRIX OC which I bought to him as a present a while back, and I'm wondering if I really will feel any performance loss if I do the swap with him?

I've watched some benchmarks etc, but they're quite old so I dont know if a 2080(not super) outperforms a 1080 Ti nowadays. What do u guys think? 

I'm playing on a 1440p monitor, and it might look like 2080 kinda outperforms 1080 ti in some games @ 1440p. 

Thanks in advance peeps! 

For sure a downgrade bro 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

Disregarding the RTX tensor cores not on the 1080 ti, the performance downgrade is quite noticeable.

11 minutes ago, Dversity said:

Thanks. In that case ill stick to my midi tower ? 

If you're talking about a MIDI tower this thread should go to the audio section :P

well if you want to keep the 2080 then the "no duh" moment option is to choose another case. 

linus has made a posted a video just before Christmas in which he compares all the best GPUs of 2019 at the different price ranges and the 2080 of all types beat out most the cards until the most expensive prices. linus said that 1080 ti and 2080 non super were about the same but the 2080 was more expensive so save your money and get the 1080ti.

34 minutes ago, Dversity said:

Thanks. In that case ill stick to my midi tower ? 

You should be able to find a smaller case that will fit that setup. It might not be that exact case, but if you run the cpu on an AIO you could get some pretty respectable temps in a small form factor.

Looks like you could go with something like the H200i

https://www.techspot.com/products/cases/nzxt-h200i.178411/

See posts of people using a 1080ti hybrid in them without issue. Even see people who used it with a 280 in the front and a 120 in the back/top.

Thanks for the tips guys. Appreciated!  I've been thinking about going for the h200 also. I might go for that 1 instead.