Does my PC look good? Help please..

Mahbub

This is more of a OCD related question. So this is my pc, the cooler is dark rock pro 4, now over time the fan mounting clips has chipped some paint off from the cooling fins, its visible if u see the pic which shows cooler from near clearly, its very visible if u sit near the PC like me,now is that something any of you would change the cooler for? I know this question sounds ridiculous, but my OCD is bothering me... I need some assurance, thanks.. and honestly does my PC look good?

IMG_20200307_080827.jpg

IMG_20200307_080447.jpg

IMG_20200307_081930.jpg

IMG_20200307_082040.jpg

IMG_20200307_082314.jpg

Just give it  a quick repainting. I wouldnt replace it but I would certainly fix it

23 minutes ago, hawksquawks said:

If it's triggering OCD just use a marker pen solved :D

Is it safe to do that

22 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

Just give it  a quick repainting. I wouldnt replace it but I would certainly fix it

Dont have that kinda paint.. n afraid to do that.. is a marker good to use?

47 minutes ago, Mahbub said:

Dont have that kinda paint.. n afraid to do that.. is a marker good to use?

Sharpie has a plastic user in it which is high heat.  They were originally designed to go through autoclaves.  Or just leave it green.  It’s the opposite of red on the color wheel so it just goes black

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

8 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

You have OCD, yet having logo sideways doesn't bother you? Wtf?

And 2 different colors sata cables, and a intel sticker in a corner of the front panel...

If the bar for OCD is this low, i'd better find some professional help for myself ?

does the cpu cooler blow the hot air on to the gpu???

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

7 minutes ago, Constantin said:

No. Think how it would normally be and flip it from there.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

45 minutes ago, Constantin said:

The reverse I think.  Might actually help the gpu.  If the cpu has lots of spare room for cooling it could work.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

OCD is weird.  Random stuff can cause anxiety while other stuff won’t.

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Well firstly don't judge before u know.... the cooler dark rock pro 4..  has its anti vibration rubber mounted on top side.. in this orientation.. so i had to put it like this or else i couldn't mount the middle fan.. to the top heatsink side., Additionally the side i put to the top is actually meant to be towards the exhaust, the other side has a rectangular curving so it would look very weird if i put that to the top.. this side which i put facing top has a better design to look at.. if u dont believe go watch reviews of dark rock pro 4.. the two sides of the cooler have different design.. i put the better looking side on top.. as a consequence.. the logo looks opposite... Hope u understood

PC is very tidy.
Cooler is fine, get a grip sir.

4 hours ago, Bartholomew said:

And 2 different colors sata cables, and a intel sticker in a corner of the front panel...

If the bar for OCD is this low, i'd better find some professional help for myself ?

As for the sata cables.. well i have already ordered black ones two days ago.. i had to use these red ones temporarily.. as for why i put the cooler in this orientation due to which the logo got sideways..well see my last answer

3 hours ago, Constantin said:

No it pulls the hot air from gpu.. cz the cooler is facing the top.. i use top as an exhaust..

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

By the way.. i dont know if u noticed yet.. but i use the top as an exhaust not the back..  the cooler is blowing towards the top..

2 hours ago, VersuS said:

PC is very tidy.
Cooler is fine, get a grip sir.

Thank u sir

I'd turn the cooler 90 degrees counter-clockwise. And the fans so that they'd push air out from back. 

But that's just my version of OCD. As pushing air out from the top might be more effective, yet the "be quiet!" makes my head turn, the wrong way.

I edit my posts more often than not

33 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

I'd turn the cooler 90 degrees counter-clockwise. And the fans so that they'd push air out from back. 

But that's just my version of OCD. As pushing air aout from the top might be more effective, yet the "be quiet!" makes my head turn, the wrong way.

. the cooler dark rock pro 4..  has its anti vibration rubber mounted on top side.. in this orientation.. so i had to put it like this or else i couldn't mount the middle fan.. to the top heatsink side., Additionally the side i put to the top is actually meant to be towards the exhaust, the other side has a rectangular curving so it would look very weird if i put that to the top.. this side which i put facing top has a better design to look at. As a consequence logo got turned towards back...

as for why i put exhaust to top is because hot air hits the wall n comes back to me ...

2 hours ago, Mahbub said:

By the way.. i dont know if u noticed yet.. but i use the top as an exhaust not the back..  the cooler is blowing towards the top..

I'm well aware. The cooling performance doesn't change if you change orientation, but with this one you don't have extra fan on heatsink. So maybe it's bit less vs having 2 fans on heatsink.

Your other explanation is all over the place and doesn't make any sense to me.

Ps. Use Multiquote when replying to multiple people. My OCD gets triggered with 4 consecutive posts by same member. I've merged them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

42 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

I'm well aware. The cooling performance doesn't change if you change orientation, but with this one you don't have extra fan on heatsink. So maybe it's bit less vs having 2 fans on heatsink.

Your other explanation is all over the place and doesn't make any sense to me.

Ps. Use Multiquote when replying to multiple people. My OCD gets triggered with 4 consecutive posts by same member. I've merged them.

well.. forget it.. the simple explanation... the cooler is mounted towards the top.. hence the logo had to be as it is, i dont use the rear exhaust as primary as the hot air hits the wall n comes towards me..

I would have an issue with how close the CPU cooler and GPU are touching basically, not even with the gap above the CPU cooler.  Way too close.

Otherwise looks fantastic!

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

9 minutes ago, jstudrawa said:

I would have an issue with how close the CPU cooler and GPU are touching basically, not even with the gap above the CPU cooler.  Way too close.

It is a note of concern. Likely an issue for moving the computer.  Might want to take one of em off before moving it.  If it works it works though.  CPUs put out less heat than they used to.  The CPU is very likely pulling hot air from the gpu.  If the CPU cooler can handle the additional load though it’s good for the gpu.

I also agree that it is a good looking system.  I’m partial to the green pic myself.

17 minutes ago, jstudrawa said:

there is littttleee gap.. very little tho.. thry arent pushing against each other.. btw should i be concerned? why?