Halo: CE on Steam

On 3/6/2020 at 1:15 PM, JoostinOnline said:

I'm guessing you haven't been following the progress of this for the past two years like many other Halo fans. This release was in no way a surprise. They're releasing them as they get completed, and doing them in chronological order. Reach was the hardest one to port, but they said it should go much faster now. The rest will (probably) all be done this year. One of the things I really respect about 343 is that they've actually been working together with the modding community to implement unofficial patches for the originals, which is a matter of swallowing your pride, and something many developers (*cough*Bethesda*cough*) refuse to do.

My only real gripe is that going over 60fps isn't possible right now. While being stuck at 60 definitely isn't a terrible experience, I've gotten used to 144, and it's annoying seeing my GPU and CPU usage not breaking 30%.

One of the best aspects I really liked about Halo back in the day was the modding capability. I'm happy to see it being expanded further with this release. I might actually pick this one up, the price seems very palatable as well.

~engineer.AI

Engineer.AI

8 hours ago, vetali said:

All the core Halo games use the blam engine, an in house engine made by bungie. Even 4 and 5 made by 343. Infinite is using a new in house engine made by 343. Its why MCC was easily and hastily put out for the xbox one to buy more time for halo 5, aaaand had lots of issues with matchmaking.

Halo 1 was supposed to be a mac game, bungie had to get bought out by MS because they were in dire straits financially. MS had them make Halo a launch title for xbox. Then they sold out the PC port, and still had an obligation to Apple to provide a Halo on mac.

I forget what exactly happened, but Halo was never actually supposed to be a Mac title. Somehow it was announced though, and Jobs made it part of their big presentation and Bungie scrambled to get a demo up and running, which up until the reveal was incredibly buggy, so they seriously lucked out by having it not glitch out or straight crash.

#Muricaparrotgang

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

I forget what exactly happened, but Halo was never actually supposed to be a Mac title. Somehow it was announced though, and Jobs made it part of their big presentation and Bungie scrambled to get a demo up and running, which up until the reveal was incredibly buggy, so they seriously lucked out by having it not glitch out or straight crash.

It could be. Bungie is also known for rushing stuff for a presentation. Halo 2 is a good example of that. Nearly everything in that gameplay demo was scrapped.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

7 hours ago, vetali said:

It could be. Bungie is also known for rushing stuff for a presentation. Halo 2 is a good example of that. Nearly everything in that gameplay demo was scrapped.

I think Marty O'Donnell also commented saying that they were rushing to get music done, and he managed to make the iconic Halo themes and styles pretty quickly on his drive to work.

#Muricaparrotgang

I hope Bungie will be re-releasing/ remastering the original score as well... I mean this should be expected, right?

~Engineer.AI

Engineer.AI

7 hours ago, Engineer.AI said:

I hope Bungie will be re-releasing/ remastering the original score as well... I mean this should be expected, right?

~Engineer.AI

There is an option to use either the original sounds or remastered sounds.

And they have remastered the music also.

15 hours ago, Gaires said:

There is an option to use either the original sounds or remastered sounds.

And they have remastered the music also.

PRAISE THE LORD, FOR HE IS GOOD!!!!

~Engineer.AI

Engineer.AI

On 3/6/2020 at 2:52 AM, JoostinOnline said:

I'm far more exited for the rest of the games. I've never been able to play the others on PC. Halo 2 is completely broken because it requires Windows Live, and Halo 3 and later were never ported.

I honestly don't know why people are being so cynical. Nobody is pushing you to buy it. For those of us who want it (especially those who never had a Microsoft console), this is amazing.

Me too. Halo 2 is my favorite of the series, and I'm extremely excited to finally get to play it on PC.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

I gladly poured $40 on steam for this when Reach was first released and have been having loads of fun going through the campaign again with Halo CE.  I enjoy the new textures though something about the old ones brings me back.  Also note there is more blood on the old textures I highly recommend playing 343 Guilty Spark on the old textures rather than the new with how it impacts the atmosphere of that particular level.

Its also hard to believe that 2001 was that long ago I remember being like 12 then and Halo being the biggest baddest title around